Sunday, December 30, 2007

The final shortlist of nominations for the Swedish Grammys (9th January, counting the days...) was announced three days ago, and here they are, along with my predictions. I am trying to remain objective here!

Best Album
KENT – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
LARS WINNERBÄCK – DAUGAVA
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS – WHAT IF LEAVING IS A LOVING THING
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM
SÄKERT! – SÄKERT!

Prediction: Salem should win this of course, but I think Kent will probably run away with this category, only because of their massive popularity. I won't really mind though if they win it - but why did The Ark's "Prayer For The Weekend" miss out on the final 5?

Best Dance/Hip Hop/Soul
ADAM TENSTA – IT’S A TENSTA THING
FAMILJEN – DET SNURRAR I MIN SKALLE
KEN – ÄNTLIGEN HEMMA
MANGE SCHMIDT – KÄNSLAN KOMMER TILLBAKS
PETTER – GOD DAMN IT

Prediction: A category I know nothing about, so I have no preference. I'd guess that Petter or Mange Schmidt would win as they seem to be the most popular.

Best Dansband/Schlager
BENNY ANDERSSONS ORKESTER/H. SJÖHOLM & T. KÖRBERG – BAO 3
DRIFTERS – ETT LIV MED DIG
LASSE STEFANZ – VAGABOND
MAGNUS CARLSSON – LIVE FOREVER - THE ALBUM
NANNE – JAG MÅSTE KYSSA DIG

Prediction: I'd love Magnus to win, but the public are likely to show their love for Nanne.

Best Group
KENT – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
MANDO DIAO – NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS – WHAT IF LEAVING IS A LOVING THING
THE ARK – PRAYER FOR THE WEEKEND
THE HIVES – THE BLACK AND WHITE ALBUM

Prediction: Very likely Kent. You know I like Kent, but I love The Ark more so I hope they win this one.

Best Hard Rock
ENTOMBED – SERPENT SAINTS
HARDCORE SUPERSTAR – DREAMIN’ IN A CASKET
LILLASYSTER – HJÄRNDÖD MUSIK FÖR EN HJÄRNDÖD GENERATION
MUSTASCH – LATEST VERSION OF THE TRUTH
TAKIDA – BURY THE LIES

Prediction: A category I know nothing about, I don't know any of the bands so I can't predict this one.

Best Composer
ANNIKA NORLIN – SÄKERT!
BENNY ANDERSSON – BAO 3
JOAKIM BERG & MARTIN SKÖLD – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
OLA SALO – PRAYER FOR THE WEEKEND
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM

Prediction: Given the incredible musical diversity on his album, I can't see past Salem Al Fakir for this one.

Best Female Artist
ANNA JÄRVINEN – JAG FICK FEELING
LALEH – PRINSESSOR
MISS LI – GOD PUT A RAINBOW IN THE SKY
SONJA ALDÉN – TILL DIG
SÄKERT! – SÄKERT!

Prediction: Annika Norlin a.k.a. Säkert will win this, no question.

Best Live Act
LARS WINNERBÄCK
LENA PH & ORUP
TAKIDA
THE HIVES
TIMBUKTU

Prediction: I'd like to see Lena & Orup win this for sentimental reasons, but it's The Hives all the way.

Best Song
LARS WINNERBÄCK I DUETT MED MISS LI – OM DU LÄMNADE MIG NU
MANGE SCHMIDT FEAT. PETTER – GIFTIG
SAHARA HOTNIGHTS – CHEEK TO CHEEK
SALEM AL FAKIR – GOOD SONG
THE ARK – THE WORRYING KIND

Prediction: I'm shocked that Martin Stenmarck's "100 År Från Nu" and Mans Zelmerlöw's "Cara Mia" missed out on the final 5. You probably think it's just favouritism here, but I genuinely think "Good Song" will do it.

Best Male Artist
LARS WINNERBÄCK – DAUGAVA
MONEYBROTHER – MOUNT PLEASURE
MÅNS ZELMERLÖW – STAND BY FOR…
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM
TIMBUKTU – OBEROENDEFRAMKALLANDE

Prediction: You know who I want to win, but I think the inexplicably popular Lars Winnerbäck will get the award.

Best Newcomer
ADAM TENSTA – IT’S A TENSTA THING
MAIA HIRASAWA – THOUGH, I’M JUST ME
OH LAURA – A SONG INSIDE MY HEAD, A DEMON IN MY BED
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM
SÄKERT! – SÄKERT!

Prediction: Salem Al Fakir! Not just because I want him to win, but because I know he will get this one.

Best Producer
BENNY ANDERSSON – BAO 3
BJÖRN OLSSON – NEVER SEEN THE LIGHT OF DAY
BJÖRN YTTLING – WRITER´S BLOCK & WHAT IF LEAVING IS A LOVING THING
JON JOSHUA SCHUMAN & KENT – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM

Prediction: Schuman and Kent I reckon, but if it was my choice....well you know who.

Best Lyricist
ANNIKA NORLIN – SÄKERT!
EVA DAHLGREN – PETROLEUM OCH TÅNG
JASON DIAKITÉ – OBEROENDEFRAMKALLANDE
JOAKIM BERG – TILLBAKA TILL SAMTIDEN
SALEM AL FAKIR – THIS IS WHO I AM

Prediction: Where is Ola Salo - the best lyricist in Sweden? Why is he not here? Oh well it'll just have to be Joakim Berg then.

MTV Prize for Best Video
ADAM TENSTA - MY COOL (REGI: MARCUS LUNDIN)
FAMILJEN - DET SNURRAR I MIN SKALLE (REGI:JOHAN SÖDERBERG)
KENT - INGENTING (REGI: MATTIAS MONTERO/ADAM BERG)
SLAGSMÅLSKLUBBEN - MALMÖ BEACH NIGHT PARTY (REGI:ANDREAS NILSSON)
THE ARK - PRAYER FOR THE WEEKEND (REGI:MAGNUS RENFORS/KINDPEOPLE)

Prediction: The Ark will have to get an award one way or another, so give them this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY