Monday, December 10, 2007

ci.jpg

Why: He not only was part of fabbo boyband A1 who notched up 8 top ten hits (including two number ones), but he’s become the surprise breakout artist from the group when everyone was expecting (and still am in some cases - ie me and PPG!) Ben Adams to become huge… I still haven’t heard his debut album but his charity Christmas effort is an exquisitely seasonal offering and his Truth About Lies album is jam packed with timeless pop efforts that linger long after the iPod has powered down.

Oh Laura

ohlaurasweden.jpg

Why: It’s the haunting blend of achingly beautiful vocals, bittersweet lyrics and melancholy music that gets me everytime. I ordered the album on a whim, without hearing any music, just reading a review and wanting to try something different. I haven’t been disappointed yet. Each song is a beautiful creation of love, born out of heartache, disappointment, betrayal and occasionally a glimmer of hope. Definitely one of the cooler acts on the list…

Isabel Guzman

isabel.jpg

Why: Blame Bobbypops. He introduced me to her music and instantly I heard something special in there. It’s not just that the pop songs are incredibly accomplished, there is something hypnotic and mesmerising about them as well. There are six songs currently on her myspace page, and anyone of them could be a single. The album is bound to rank up there with the likes of Sophie Ellis Bextor, Kylie and Robyn. Here is what Isabel had to say about making the list…

“I must say it’s an honour to be one of the thirteen artists you have picked. I am currently working on an album or an EP to be released in Sweden and worldwide (through my website) early next year. As soon as it’s done we will start our journey and hard work to conquer the British scene as I already received great response from different sites. I will do my best to make you proud!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY