Wednesday, December 19, 2007

meruthm5a.jpg

15 ~ Scissor Sisters, I Can’t Decide: Should’ve been a single instead of She’s My Man (which I did later come to appreciate a lot more) with honky tonk piano, a cool riff and the most catchy 3 minutes of pop bytes this side of Mika. Featured prominently in the season finale of Dr Who only added to it’s cool nerd (not even remotely nerdy) quota.

14 ~ McFly, Transylvania: The stand out moment from their Motion in the Ocean album (see 13 in albums above) was a bombastic slice of Queen-esque rock opera with a stunning sing a long chorus. While Grace Kelly got all the attention, the loveable scamps kept plodding along doing their thing and keeping their fiercely loyal fanbase more than happy.

13 ~ Leona Lewis, Bleeding Love: I really had no interest in Leona Lewis once she won the X Factor last year. However, unlike this year’s undeserved winner, Leona had the pipes to back up her title. Her first single proper seemed somewhat unassuming at first, but proved to be a real grower and one of those tracks that was sung by the right person at the right time and hooked the attention of a nation. Well done you boring so and so!

12 ~ Girls Aloud, Sexy No No No: I admit it! I thought this first post greatest hits single was trying to hard to be cool and not really working. However, weeks after it had left the charts, I found myself still singing it and appreciating it’s brilliance more and more. Not so much of one song as a number of anthems blended together brilliantly in a fuzztastic electro riot of true girl power (or something!)

11 ~ Maroon 5, Wake Up Call: Charted dismally, but a corker of a single with an intriguing video. Thumping bass, Adam’s alluring vocals and a tight performance by the band (often overlooked as the backing players) hooked me from the first time I heard it. A mark ronson remix with mary j blige vocals beefed up this zapping 5 week number smash… Plus thanks to some d’luvvly divine intervention I got to chat with Adam on the phone. As if i wasn’t obsessed enough…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY