Saturday, December 15, 2007

14122007015.JPG

How did this happen? For years, I have managed to contain my westlife “leanings” and keep them largely to myself. I mean, they have had some decent singles, and often overlook the more spunky tracks from their albums in favour of crowd pleasing ballads (When You Tell Me You Love Me over She’s Back? What Makes A Man over When You’re Looking Like That? Please!) They are decent looking lads with decent voices, and the fact that Nicky is a stone cold fox held my interest years past when they should have shrivelled after a greatest hits album. 5 albums after the greatest hits, they have become somewhat of an institution, yet mercilessly mocked despite their achievements (sales wise if not musical then!) So, stumbling across a westlife tribute act in Spain, I thought I would give them a bash, and well bloody hell, if they weren’t rather good! Focusing on the more uptempo songs creates a much more vibrant atmosphere, and the production is incredibly slick with dance moves and cheesy flirting. Me? taken but flattered! Plus Davey (second from left) is much cuter than his picture shows! So I came home and dug out my Westlife albums (yes I own them all) and sat down to watch the Westlife Special before the X Factor last night and enjoyed shamelessly all that followed. Marv. Mock all you want. Just don’t tell anyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY