Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I have to say that these two acts weren’t in the original 13 until the day I wrote this up (Friday 7th December) when I realised I would be foolish not to have them in there. I don’t usually let acts in with such a high profile as these guys, but needs must, and I do love them lots. Sorry Tru Calling and What’s Up!

Blake Lewis

blake-lewis.jpg

Why: He’s sexy! He’s cool! He dominates this school. Er, or something. Anyway, Blake is by far the most interesting contestant American Idol has ever produced. Yes, even more interesting than Clay Aiken (hoho)! He has managed to produce an effortlessly listenable and intruiging debut album that just hints at the potential to come. Clearly he’s not afraid to experiment with his style or music and while that means sometimes he bombs out, I’d rather have an artist taking chances than playing it safe. Plus he looks like a bloody good bounce, so if he is experimental in the studio, one can only imagine what he is like in the bedroom! But that’s not why he made this list - it’s his glorious songs and the ability to take on old classics like putting on the ritz and not make it annoying a la Gwen Stefani and the Sound of Music. Viva La Lewis! (Not Leona)…

Same Difference

samedifference.jpg

Why: Because they are the most adorable thing I think I have ever come across in the history of the world. Because they are High School Musical but in real life. Because they just don’t care that they are cheesy, yet their cheese is endearing rather than annoying (see Fast Food Rockers, etc) Because I have no idea at the time of writing this whether they will be in the all important final 3 (who all seem to record albums) of the X Factor or a distant memory. But most of all because i need to live in a world where Same Difference exist and record songs like All*Stars Love Is as their debut single. Plus if they don’t win, I am so approaching them to film their own tv show for thezapping… I’m sure they would leap at the chance…

Same Difference music to date:

  1. Tragedy
  2. Breaking Free
  3. Reach
  4. I Don’t Feel Like Dancing
  5. Blame It On The Boogie
  6. Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
  7. Any Dream Will Do
  8. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

(Coming Sunday ~ Chain Reaction & Never Had A Dream Come True, plus the songs from the final PLUS! What absolutely has to be on their album!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY