Sunday, December 9, 2007

slp-main_xmashampers.jpg

Well oh me oh my. Doing a daily advent calendar is way more work than i thought it would be! Especially as I am off to Spain tonight, so of course had to do all next week’s work for work this week. I’m sure that’s not how holidays are meant to work. Still it was all worth it when I popped into my office this week to find a rather delicious Harrod’s hamper on my desk as a thank you for “all my hard work” over the past year! How nice. Anyway it’s been rather hectic since i started doing the advent calendar so before I went on holiday (there are pre-written posts coming all next week!) I thought I would catch you up on all the random thoughts flying through my head!

  1. Girls Aloud have done the theme tune to St Trinians. The clip sounds appropriately trashy and it gives those ho-bags HOpe something to aim for…
  2. Vote vote vote Same Difference this Saturday. They are singing Never Had A Dream Come True and Chain Reaction. It’s my favourite era of pop coming back! Lets hope Sean wears a slutty nurses uniform like Lisa Scott Lee did in the Steps video!! Last year when i went on holiday my faves Eton Road got voted off, so I will completely hold all of you responsible if they go…
  3. Poppostergirl and myself have been having a love in with Blake Lewis and now Yuri, Digital Technique, D’Luv and DanUSA have all joined the orgy! It’s what Robbie’s rudebox should have been but wasn’t (except the cheap ass video - Paris Hilton’s sex tape had more energy and budget!)
  4. It’s probably very wrong indeed, especially as their album is actually quite bland, but I am loving theatre boyband Teatro. Think Westlife do the Musicals - the goosebump inducing standouts are their versions of Impossible Dream and I Am What I Am…
  5. The Heroes “season” finale (writers strike pending) was quite disappointing. Weeks of meandering build up and then a rushed finale that really didn’t achieve much. I’m quite upset. Dexter on the other hand got much better as the season went on, and the finale was appropriately satisfying, if a little far fetched…
  6. It’s nice having a day off work before i leave for holiday. Darren has left a list of chores though as he is in work today. How kind of him…
  7. Madonna’s album title is Licorice (sic?!) ~ Darren’s reaction? “Isn’t she too old to be singing songs like that anymore?” I anticipate months of D’Luv coming up with brilliant comments and innuendos…
  8. I was listening to Mariah Carey Merry Christmas today and it reminded me of why she was once one of my favourite singers. Back in the day she was ace at ballads and slinky dance numbers. Merry Christmas is a great mix of slow tunes and gleeful celebrations. If she did it now, it would all be middle 8 raps and slightly disappointing r’n'b grooves.
  9. Talking of Christmas albums, my second favourite non Idol winner Kimberley Locke has put together a really traditional and fun sounding festive opus full of instantly recognisable tunes but not ones that are over-used. It’s lovely, so seek it out…
  10. Talking of non Idol winners, I am ashamed to admit that I may have replaced shrieking harpie Diana DeGarmo with shrieking harpie in training Bianca Ryan in my affections. Her festive EP is rather shouty but entirely enjoyable in a “I just ate all the cookies” guilt type way…
  11. By now Spice Mania will be hitting LA full force. I have my fingers crossed that Simon Curtis’ tale of woe with his tickets will turn into a happy ending…
  12. Talking of Simon (like I need an excuse), there is some ace stuff coming up here before the end of the year…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY