Saturday, April 16, 2011

Three things that I am anxious to happen:

  • I need to wooed by Lady Gaga's Judas. Perhaps I will fall in love with it as quickly as I tired of Bored This Way. At the moment it just sounds like a slightly thrashy, somewhat messy Bad Romance. Please enlighten me.
  • I really don't think I can wait a week for nu-Who. I'm whizzing through the last series as a catch up. Only the 2 part finale & xmas spesh to go. "I wear stetsons now. Stetsons are cool". Amaze.
  • Other than being desperate to see Book of Mormon Broadway and How To Succeed In Business, I really want a stage version of Connie and Carla. If no one is going to do it I shall just have to mortgage everything I own to make it happen. I'll cast Elouise for sure, and Daniel Boys can have the David Duchovny role...
Right, enough waffling, on with the new entries this week...

NEW ENTRIES:

Apart from Judas (briefly discussed above), I had a week where I was listening a lot to somewhat overlooked album tracks. Here's the four that were played enough to enter the charts and that really should be singles...

  • Westlife ~ I Will Reach You: What on earth happened with the Gravity singles campaign?? I think it's "safe" (ho ho) to say that the first single perhaps wasn't the best choice to kick it all off. Beautiful Tonight would have made a great, upbeat launch single, and this delightful track would have continued in much the same vein. It's churlish of people to expect Westlife to change their formula too much at this point in their career, but massive singalong choruses, up tempo verses and a general feel good atmosphere are more than likely to get people tapping their feet. A definite missed opportunity...
  • Joe McElderry ~ Feel The Fire: Poor geordie Joe. Rumour has it his record deal is not long for this world and as I've come to love the little tyke, that's a real shame. Someone who has the audacity to turn the melancholy Ambitions into a glittering dance track/routine AND make it work is ok by me. Feel The Fire really should have been the next single. It's got a delicious alphabeat vibe to it, a convivial summer groove going on and Joe giving a perky vocal that shows why he deserved to win. Give it a whirl and become ever so smitten...
  • Brandon Flowers ~ Was It Something I Said?: Set the Tardis for 1982 because this 80s throwback is an absolute gem of a track. Not only does it seemingly nick the riff from Living Next Door To Alice, but it has saucy synths, cheeky handclaps and wicked clever lyrics that all build up to a smashing chorus that once embedded, you can't get out of your head for days. Brandon has a real gift as a musical storyteller and this could have been a really fun single. Watch the live clip above to get an idea of the energy of the song. Aces!
  • Scissor Sisters ~ Sex & Violence: Ah the Scissters. They really should be on single number four by now (Fire With Fire, Any Which Way, Whole New Way) with this track that comes across like a dark and dirty American Pyscho: The Broadway Musical (which leaves me slightly breathless in anticipation for their Tales Of The City contributions). At times it sounds like it could be a deviously macabre duet with Kylie, but even on their own it's a top drawer slice of electro-pop thats own subdued nature causes it to soar far above it's album track ambitions.
TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

21 ~ Lady Gaga, Judas (NE)
20 ~ Lady Gaga, Born This Way
19 ~ Scissor Sisters, Sex and Violence (NE)
18 ~ Brandon Flowers, Was It Something I Said (NE)
17 ~ Joe McElderry, Feel The Fire (NE)
16 ~ Westlife, I Will Reach You (NE)
15 ~ Sanna Nielsen, I'm In Love
14 ~ Love Generation, I Dance Alone
13 ~ Tove Styrke, High & Low
12 ~ The Moniker, Oh My God
11 ~ Rochella Danishei, Never Been Kissed
10 ~ The Wanted, Gold Forever
09 ~ Take That, Happy Now
08 ~ Maroon 5, Is Anybody Out There?
07 ~ Same Difference, Best Mistake
06 ~ Andrea Lewis, She
05 ~ Eric Saade, Popular
04 ~ Kylie, Put Your Hands Up
03 ~ The Feeling, Set My World On Fire
02 ~ Elouise, Born This Way
01 ~ Sara Ramirez, The Story (2 weeks)

Next week: Vanbot review, Becoming Nancy review...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY