Saturday, April 23, 2011

I could absolutely and positively get used to these 4 day weekends. The sun is in the sky like a gigantic fried egg. Clouds are floating by, birds are tweeting (not literally on twitter, obv, as they don't have opposable digits), voles are vole-ing and poodles are poodling. Everyone is in a quite good mood and yay! It happens all again next weekend thanks to May Day Monday (aka national holiday in celebration of my momentous birth. 11lbs 4 oz. My mom still moans over the Christmas turkey that i ripped her like a tissue) and of course KATILLIAM ARE GETTING MARRIED!! Mazel tov!! One thing that I am disappointed about here is the lack of pop spectacle surrounding the event - last year in Sweden, loads of the country's top popstars had specifically commissioned songs out. My fave was lovely Darin singing Can't Stop Love, which would have been brilliant for Mr Shayne of the Ward to cover :/ And I'm assuming Shayne would look as trouser stretchingly magnificent in a tux as Darin did. Still, his song Closer to Close (see my chart) would have worked equally well. Here are 3 more of my faves that should be the official soundtrack (who would you pick??)...

  • The Overtones ~ Only Girl In The World: I have been rather effusive about The Overtones over the past six months on this blog and am more than pleased to see their album go platinum, their recent tour be a massive success and more national adulation on the horizon. Britain is currently in the mood for pure pop melodies that is free from studio gimmickery & heavy on melody, musical ability & harmony. Obviously, the 'Tones deliver this in bucketloads. This - and their penchant for seeming like absolute (well-attired) gentlemen would have made them the ideal commission for Katilliam's reception. And what better to sing than this sparkling version of the Rihanna smash that features on the special edition of their latest album? They turn it effortlessly from sparse club stomper to smoky jazz club vibed cool-cat track. It's a little bit romantic, a little bit naughty and the fingerclicking and harmonies give it that cheeky feel that makes it just fly
  • Daniel Boys ~ Too Much In Love To Care (with Rebecca Lock): Oh my. For my money, Daniel Boys would be one of my premiere picks to perform at my wedding (perhaps my 5 yr civil partnership anniversary on June6th?? :P), so he's completely qualified to sing at the royal wedding. I love the versatility that the very dashing Mr Boys has - he can absolutely kill a Broadway track as much as he can nail every note of a pop standard like To Make You Feel My Love. For kate and William there is an embarrassment of riches from Mr Boys to choose from, but I'm going for his regal cover of Too Much In Love To Care (duetting with Rebecca Lock). The version above doesn't need anything other than the sumptuous piano accompaniment to match a soaring vocal from Rebecca and a goose bump delivery from Daniel. It encapsulates the crazy wild abandon that comes with love and both singers more than do justice to this delightful Sunset Boulevard track. Second album soon then please Daniel??
  • Darren Criss & The Warblers ~ Hey Soul Sister: I've suggested the modern cool of the Overtones, west end magic of Daniel Boys, so why not the sheer exuberance of The Warblers doing Hey Soul Sister? It would be a bit irreverant, a bit cheeky for the royal wedding but totally appropriate for a modern monarchy. As I've said many times, Blaine and the Warblers are the sparkling highlight of season 2 of Glee and as they promote their entirely brilliant album, Mr Criss just comes across as so endearingly humble and charming that I want to scoop him up and pop him in my pocket. I can't help but think they party would definitely be getting started Westminster way thanks to the sheer joy that they give to this track. Dazzling.
Top 21 songs of the week:


21 ~ Shayne Ward, Close to Close (NE/VID)
20 ~ Sanna Nielsen, I'm In Love
19 ~ The Monikier, Oh My God
18 ~ Tove Styrke, High & Low
17 ~ The Wanted, Gold Forever
16 ~ Scissor Sisters, Sex & Violence
15 ~ Joe McElderry, Feel The Fire
14 ~ Love Generation, I Dance Alone
13 ~ Westlife, I Will Reach You
12 ~ Brandon Flowers, Was It Something I Said?
11 ~ Lady Gaga, Judas
10 ~ Same Difference, Best Mistake
09 ~ Take That, Happy Now
08 ~ Rochella Danishei, Never Been Kissed
07 ~ Maroon 5, Is Anybody Out There?
06 ~ Andrea Lewis, She
05 ~ Kylie, Put Your Hands Up
04 ~ Eric Saade, Popular
03 ~ The Feeling, Set My World On Fire
02 ~ Elouise, Born This Way
 01 ~ Sara Ramirez, The Story (3 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY