Sunday, March 25, 2007

Remember when this site was all about my passion for music. I got a little distracted from that somehow, but now I’m back and still loving music in all it’s shapes and forms. Remember when I got all excited about The Feeling? Upper Room? Captain? Well trust me when I say that actually (love, actually) Mr Hudson and The Library may very well be one of the most important new acts of 2007. For starters, they commence their rather brilliant debut album with a cover version of On the Street Where You Live (from My Fair Lady). A pretty gutsy move by any accounts, but they manage to put a whole new spin on an old classic and fill it with a feeling of hope, joy and unrequited love. If I tell you that the band’s sound is a mixture of hip-hop, grime and jazz you may run screaming for the door. But trust me when I say that they bring these elements together rather beautifully and the album (A Tale Of Two Cities) deserves to be huge. It’s jam packed with terrifically strong melodies, intricate and insightful lyrics and a love of eclectic beats. Tracks like Too Late Too Late and Bread and Roses positively brim with Bowie overtones, steel drums and a kickass beat that has you off your feet in no time. I’m kind of hoping that XO will have heard of or at least fall in love with this band – as well as lots of other people. Get in now, because come summer – everyone will be writing about them…

LINK: Mr Hudson and The Library official site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY