Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh I have been waiting for this moment for about two years or so now. I fell in love with La 5 back in late 2003 when their tune The Sweetest Goodbye was used in my favourite movie of all time, Love, Actually. I quickly checked out the debut album Songs About Jane and became hooked. But not just hooked in an “I quite like this” sort of way. More in the same way I have become hooked on Simon Curtis – with an unfailing belief that this act were the next big thing. And they were. I have written lots about Maroon 5 over on the old school zapping and while I have been (im)patiently waiting for the new album, there have been little gems springing up here and there to keep fans happy. But Makes me Wonder is the real deal and an amazing comeback single at that. While my other 2004 discoveries have had varying successes with the second albums (Keane self destructed, Scissters and Killers were quite good but not as outstanding as their debuts), Adam and the boys are off to a good start. The track has a slighty electro-pop, slightly disco backing beat with their trademark funk guitar sound and Adam’s gorgeous vocal style. An utterly banging chorus features a catchy hook, falsetto and a thrusting beat to it. It’s This Love all over again – yet it’s the same but completely different. Not an easy task to pull off. I am practically kvelling for the album now….

LINK: Try looking for the song here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY