Sunday, November 18, 2007



Two things ~ firstly, I am a little alarmed that the above video was tagged “lesbian, pussy, sucking, blow job, hard core smooch” on youtube (which incidentally is what i typed in to find it :P). Secondly, I was going to write indepth reviews about the new Girls Aloud and Kylie album, but seeing as Adem and PPG have quite eloquently written about the GA effort already, and one can always rely on XO for an ace Kylie write up, I thought I would just share some random thoughts on both sets. It’s interesting the differing levels of hype surrounding these albums. The release of X has been built up to epic proportions and has been much more widely leaked than Girls Aloud. In fact, I’ve already written extensively about the leaked tracks and those performed on The Kylie Show. Wow remains an incredible piece of SAW meets nu Kylie magic, while The One just shimmers with glorious disco enchantment. I am still entranced by No More Rain and Cosmic, though Nu-di-ty is a bit of a disaster, as is the Calvin Harris track. And the bonus track Rippin Up The Disco should be brilliant with a title like that, but isn’t. 2 Hearts has had a decent chart peak this week, but I really can’t see this album going to number one. Still Kylie is a perennial favourite in England and I think the longevity of the album will be aided by a hopefully stunning set of singles. Meanwhile, the popjustice forum is exploding with the sound of the underground, and after a bit of a “meh” reaction to my first listen of Tangled Up, I gotta admit it’s a pretty solid set of tunes. It’s weird how, when Sexy… came out I really thought it was trying to hard to be cool for cools sake, and now with a bit of hindsight I think it is a corker of a track that represents the Girls at the top of their game. Call The Shots suffers a bit from being released in winter, when it positively glows with summer groove potential, but not to worry because solid jams like Can’t Speak French (slightly Winehouse-ish), Blackjacks and Girls Overboard are more radio friendly triumphs. No ballads, but the set is peppered with an array of tempos, so it’s not noticeable. So both very solid efforts with mostly killer, some filler (the awful awful Fling) and tracks that will be played long into 2008. However, I don’t think either will be in my top ten albums of the year, despite my love for the songs and artists. Just too many other contenders that have had longer to wriggle deeper into my heart…
Kylie singles ~ 2 Hearts, Wow, The One, No More Rain
Girls Aloud singles ~ Sexy No No No, Call The Shots, Can’t Speak French, Girls Overboard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY