Monday, November 26, 2007



Ok, this may be the worst year of the X Factor ever, but it has totally delivered in finding an act that I utterly utterly adore beyond all limits of rhyme and reason. I mean yes, I loved G4 in year one, and Shayne was rather horn-inducing in year two, Eton Road were cute enough last year, but I am head over heels in love with Same Difference. It’s an obsession. However, the rest of the show is as irritating and scripted as ever. Examples below…

* Six performances and the show is still over an hour long?! Incredible :O
* Sharon now reckons she is the only impartial judge. Whatever, she gets more evil by the week. She hangs over Louis during most of the show which makes him even gayer than ever…
* Beverley goes first and her VT preview goes on about how she is doing it for the kids. Because apparently ditching your steady job and best pension scheme in England for a shot at singing will inspire children everywhere. She sings Without You and it starts off shaky (not as shaky as Girls Aloud With Every Heartbeat) but almost nice. Then of course she starts shouting and it all goes horribly wrong. It shows the limit of her range (which isn’t that much) and rather predictably, all the judges say it is very good. Not for the first time this show, I wonder if I am hearing something different from the rest of the country… (considering the result, turns out no, i’m not. Phew…)
* Same Diff are next and really they could do anything and I would adore it. But they cover one of my fave 80s songs and Sean looks lovely, and it is adorable and cute, and while Sarah is a tiny bit off this week (but miles better than most of Hope) I realise that their utter loveliness is detracting from the fact that they actually do sing very well. Louis is predictably bitter about everything, but when Sean tells his sis “well done” after Simon compliments her, I just about die of giddy glee.
* 2 commercial breaks already! Fucking hell. Evil bitch Nikki is next. She goes home and mentions her dad, who is dead, several more times and then absolutely shits all over her friends. Seriously, if she had done it literally, it would have been less venomous than what she says. She goes back to her dinner lady buddies and hugs them (they pretend to be surprised to see her, even though there are cameras filming her walking in. So huge surprise then, like camera crews are an every day occurence around the school lunch room) then says “they are all slogging away and I am having the time of my life” Because now she is so much better than them. Evil whore. I realise that its partly the producers fault for making “the journey” the be all and end all, and that life is worthless if you don’t win, but Nikki’s comments get increasingly evil each week. Her version of The Power of Love is absolutely dreadful and again I wonder if I am hearing anything different as the audience whoops it up. She then moves herself to tears with the sheer emotion of her performance. Not at all arrogant then. I am moved to nausea.
* Rhydian is brillo in his version of Somewhere from West Side Story. However, i am slightly hating the fact that it already has been decided that Rhydian will win this competition and the judges and the public seem to agree. It’s not that he’s a bad choice, because his voice is stunning, but a) I want Same Difference to win, get a recording contract and an S Club style tv show on the Disney Channel and b) it makes it a rather dull show. Dannii is soooo drunk once again this week because she is sobbing through her comments at how ace Rhydian is. Oh dear.
* Finally, we get Hope (no Hope or Hore, take your pick) and Leon. One of Hore sings a Chrstina Aguilera song. The others don’t do much and it’s only ok, partially cos I don’t like the lead singers voice. Why are Hore even in this competition. They are rubbish. Then Leon-who-i-have-no-interest-in-whatsoever sings and I am bored beyond belief. End of show.



* Ooh, it’s already the results show and I wonder why American Idol hasn’t done the between results show like the X(tra) Factor. Dannii was even more drunk on this when she spies Westlife in the wings and beckons them onto stage. Simon tells her off. It’s ace. She would look chagrinned if her latest botox injection hadn’t deadened her facial muscles.
* Westlife then sing. It’s quite a nice song (don’t hate me world) called I’m Already There and Nicky looks very yum. I’m suddenly aware that Shane hasn’t changed his hair or image in the 8 years they have been together, but it’s a fleeting thought as I continue drooling over Nicky.
* Hurrah. Same Difference are safe so who the fuck cares are in the final two, except that it’s Beverley and Hore. Hurrah. Finally, it’s down to the public vote as the judges are in deadlock. I am convinced that (w)Hore will have the least votes. I am wrong. It is Beverley and suddenly I am glad that she is going as she gives the most sanctimonious interview ever. Teaching is over. It’s a life of singing in clubs in Benidorm for her… She sure inspired the hell out of those kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY