Friday, July 25, 2008


I do not like the heat. I guess I am a reverse Scrooge. Sun comes out and I am all "bah humbug" about it. It's mainly because the sun gives me a corker of a headache and covers me in a sticky translucent goo. Perspiration. Not sweat. As my slightly crazy nana used to say "horses and chubby children sweat. Men perspire. ladies simply glow". Of course she also used to see my dead grandads face in my rice crispies so make of that what you will. The only plus side to this sweaty-underwear-making weather is that my walk home is now filled with young business men looking slightly ruffled in their shirt and ties. Yummy. Just like the lovely Penn Badgely above. Anyway, air cooling is more environmentally friendly than air conditioning (apparently) so my air is cooled and i shall endeavour to update you on the essential bits of the week that I never got around to writing about...

  • There are two very important single releases that are happening this week. First up is the effortlessly cool Red Blooded Women who are shacking up all over the clubs with the funky remixes to You Made Your Bed. I thought it might be rather difficult to improve on this slinky seductive pop number but I was wrong. They picked up some great remixes along the way and made the weeks cheapest but most brilliant video ever. God i love these dames...
  • Also out this week is a rather slick radio remix of Oh Laura's very lovely indeed Release Me. I can't help but feel that this band are still teetering on the edge of something very massive and special indeed. They appeared on Radio 2 this week and just stunned me with the acoustic versions of some of their album's finest tracks. This band fails to do no wrong and yet they are not chart toppers. I sense it is a matter of time. Be prepared. Check out Release Me now. You know you want to. It's the most lovely piece of work since Bic Runga's Sway.
  • Props to the junior admin staff at work who "the management" tasked with "extra responsibility" by assigning them the job of coming up with a layout for a new company newsletter (that sounds really patronising but actually it was laziness on our part as no one wanted to do it). They do a bonza job except that it was gently pointed out that "The [insert company name here] Rant" didn't really put across the positive message wanted (I even had to patiently google the meaning of "rant" for them and found "A rant or harangue is a speech or text that does not present a well-researched and calm argument" and "pompous or pretentious talk or writing" Oh my!) Eventually they settled on The ProClaimar which if you knew the name of the company is actually rather brilliant! (It's not really hard to guess after that is it?)
  • What the bugger is going on with Timbaland and Madonna is the question on lots of people's lips. Personally I really like Hard Candy. I think it's rather good. I get why people don't think it's a great Madonna album. I think it's a good album regardless of whether it's Madonna or not. But as much as I love Madonna, i'm not as invested in her output as I am with other albums (I've been incredibly disappointed with one Deborah album and two Robbies!) so I'm not too bothered. Really, it is time to move on from Timbaland. For all popstars. Jadion needs to be the new producer of choice :) Though Four Minutes is fucking fantastic still!
  • Oh 50 days of Big Brother (Why Bother) and it's getting incredibly dull. There is only so many times you can admire Stuart and Dales bodies (and sometimes dress sense). Darnell has gone slightly mental, Mikey and his washing testicular mass in a drinking cup repulses me, Luke is fucking awful and the rest of them bar Kat, Rachel and Sarah are the sort of egomaniacs you only normally find in the more pretentious London clubs. And everytime Bex is up for eviction, she decides to snog Luke which is repulsive to watch. It's like watching an overstuffed dog pouring over the remains of an emancipated chicken carcuss. Yet I cannot bear to look away :P
  • There are lots of lovely Gossip Girl season 2 pics popping up all over the web. It all looks very exciting. You know you love me, xoxo, etc.

Top 21 Fizzypop Tracks of the Week!

21 ~ Jack McManus, You Think I Don't Care (NE)
20 ~ Jesse McCartney, It's Over (NE)
19 ~ Rongedal, Who Do You Think You're Fooling?
18 ~ Maroon 5 ft Rihanna, If I Never See You're Face Again
17 ~ The Feeling, Join With Us (NE)
16 ~ The Feeling, Turn It Up
15 ~ Little Jackie, The Whole World Should Revolve Around Me (NE)
14 ~ Jonas Bros, Burning Up
13 ~ Infernal, Downtown Boys
12 ~ David Jordan, Set The Mood
11 ~ Madonna, Give it 2 Me
10 ~ Jason Mraz, Lucky
09 ~ Bryn Christopher, The Quest
08 ~ Kylie, The One
07 ~ Sophie Ellis Bextor, Heartbreak Makes Me A Dancer
06 ~ Alphabeat, Boyfriend
05 ~ Regina Spektor, The Call
04 ~ McFly, One For The Radio
03 ~ BWO, Bells of Freedom
02 ~ Lily Allen, GWB
01 ~ Miley Cyrus, 7 Things (3 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY