Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Frankly I could write all day about Kylie, her music and her live shows. And sometimes I do. But not today. I have been stuck in Preston all day (the town oop north, not the Ordinary Boy) and am tired and have 5 hours of delayed train journey on me, all without - WITHOUT - the new Sibling Ciccone book. Boo you slow stocking train book store whores. So today, in exchange for some cuddling time with Dazpecs, I hand the reigns of fizzypop to one of my fave MSN buddies, upcoming popstar James Leon to share his thoughts and photos on the Kylie concert last Friday in Manchowder...

JAMES LEON DOES KYLIE

"From the moment Miss Minogue descended from a weird spider-web type chair to the sounds of ‘Speakerphone’ I was transfixed.

The show was a visual spectacle as you’d expect – there were several different themes, encompassing oriental/geisha costume and backdrop. Cheerleader with a multi-coloured neon backdrop, gothic glam with Kylie astride a giant glitter encrusted skull, and a black and white Viennese dinner dance theme

While Kylie has never primarily been about her singing voice, she nevertheless was note perfect throughout and really held some impressively long notes at the end of some of the more emotive tracks. She radiates joyful pop de vivre, and despite some recent photos suggesting otherwise – she still looks amazing, and seems to enjoy every moment she’s on stage

I was surprised by the songs that I enjoyed the most – it was the rockier numbers in particular, ‘Kids’ was the moment when I really got lost in the event – when Kylie steps outside of the disco-pop box she seems to really loosen up and gives that extra spark. I’ve never been too sure about the rockabilly electro strut of the comeback single -‘Two hearts’, however live I really got it – and now reckon this might in time be seen as something of a lost classic.

One criticism was the dominance of newer material – she played almost every track from the ‘X’ album, which although does have a few decent songs is not really what the fans want to hear. Myself and the friends I was with were most disappointed at the omission of the classics ‘Hand on your heart’ and ‘Better the devil you know’ –the idea of a Kylie show without the later seems absurd to me. Thankfully ‘Step Back in Time’ and ‘On a night like this’ were highlights elsewhere.

I was however praying that she would do ‘The One’ - the stand out track from ‘X’ and when she finally she performed it as her penultimate number I thought I might combust in a cloud of glitter dust!


Kylie seemed almost reluctant to leave the stage with a 5 song encore, including a fantastic ‘I Should be so lucky’ and clearly was relishing the delight of the audience. True star’s like this don’t come a long very often! "

More Kylie:

Back tomorrow with more something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY