Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh. My. Dayz. What a fucking day. Darren got rear ended by a honda civic. I had my worst hayfever day ever. I think i literally fell asleep at my desk for a few minutes today and drooled on my laptop keyboard. And then felt like a drugged up zombie until the news of darrens bump whacked me back into protective mode. Anyway, importantly, darren is fine, the car is fixable and i am back to drugged up zombie mode. But in a moment of clarity today, I have whipped up several mini posts of some of my favourite acts - before I launch into that, here are some highlights from other fleeting and long term obsessions (PS - there are a million and one posts today so you have to scroll down all the way to the bottom of today's date postings to leave a comment or click here!):



  • Hurrah! Justice will be served. Evil Jen is up for nomination in Big Brother against Rex. She is 1-33 favourite to go. Apparently her bewitching spell over Dim Dale continues because he told her she won't go because Britain loves an underdog. Oh my! He got part of that description right. Not sure about the "under" bit though...
  • And! Has anyone noticed how each week a different girl emerges with shocking behaviour and becomes the house bitch. Week one - Alex Mugabe. Week two - Sylvia. Week Three - Jen. And now Bex. At this rate Kat will be rubbing cookie crumbs into rachel's eyes by saturday...
  • Details magazine continues to be brilliant and is now seriously nudging Attitude in the rear to become my second favourite magazine ever (EW still holds my heart). Once again they have a sexy cover star in Christian Bale (I don't find him particularly attractive, but he does have quite a nice almost smile); ace fashion advice about dress down Fridays (my faves? The v neck sweater look. Please skip the boat shoes)and spot on tips about where to "summer" this year - note: Not New York. It is a winter city. Has Carrie Bradshaw taught us nothing???
  • Dazpecs and I are going to Florida again in November. Apparently we will be there for what you Americans call "thanksgiving" or "piss off back to britain day". It should be fun. I expect pumpkin pie from Yuri...

NEW MUSIC FROM WILLIAM YOUNG!!!


Thanks to the ever reliable XO, I now know that William Young performed some new music at the weekend at a little festival called Glastonbury. Above is the title track to his forthcoming fourth album Let It Go. Question - if in the USA, a second album is sophomore, does this make Let It Go William's Senior album>? I'm confused. Anyway, it's a gorgeous GORGEOUS laid back ballad that shows how far William has travelled since Pop Idol, yet stayed true to what made me love him in the first place - an elegance in his music both in vocal delivery and melodic beauty. The song itself deals with the point in life or relationships or whatever, where you just can't take it anymore and you either crack up or decide to move on. If I had to compare it, I would say it's a lovely second single reminiscent of All Time Love or the major Leave Right Now. There is a simply charming moment at 2.33 where William (practically smooching with the microphone) does this little smile that to me says "oh i'm back and i'm loving it". My anticipation for his album has never been higher...


Above these very words is a low quality video of William performing his not-in-any-way-the-same-song-as-gareth-gates-released comeback single Changes. Looking fairly chilled in a v neck plunge tshirt (pink if my eyes do not mistake me) and a dapper hat, the song is a summery jazz tinged soul tune that William does so very well. I am loving the crescendo chorus with the gospel choir - it washes over you like a warming wave of sea on a hot sandy beach. It really is quite lovely. And he just looks like he is having such a good time. Ah William. How i adore thee. Plus you just know that he practically ran off stage to hug Cathy Dennis and go for some high quality wineage.

More William here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY