Wednesday, May 11, 2011

As you will be aware from Monday's rather gushing post, I am excited about the Ballroom Remixed project and have written about many of the artists involved before. Today children, Ballroom Remixed is bought to you by the letter "J" as I investigate some of the artists I've not been aware of in the past. These are presented for your approval below...


Jeronimo ~ I do enjoy a decent teen idol and it's nice to witness one in the making. Jeronimo is a charming young fella (so young, i'm pretty sure he wasn't born when I was first following my teen idols like Tommy Page) who is embracing his opportunities in the music industry with gusto. And why not indeed? Because in this world of vocodered vocals and indecipherable beats, Jeronimo's debut single, Superman (featuring Stay C of pop sensations Twenty4Seven no less! Pop historians may now squeal!!) is a solid bouncy slice of enjoyable pop with a superb vocal effort from the young dude himself. It's drenched in island rhythms with a hip swivelling beat that no doubt gives him the perfect experience to be part of the Ballroom Remixed project. The lyrics are endearingly naive, as he believes that being good enough will be enough to get his lady friend. Add to this a cute as new born puppies video (he gets the girl!) and it's a solid effort that demands repeat listening in the summer sun. Dazzling :)


Joshua Desjardins ~ I'll admit it. I always have the allure for someone who wears a bow tie and embraces his inner nerd. It makes me wish i wore braces/suspenders more often (although...)! Anywho, hoping to be more successful than the last Joshua in pop (poor Mr DuBovie) is one Joshua Desjardins who is currently wowing New York with his man cabaret show, Nerds Among Us. Not only is the title deserving of a one hour dramedy on THE CW, but it gives Mr D the opportunity to show off his range of bow ties, his razor sharp wit and his jolly fine singing voice. Not only is there a riotous rip through the song Les Poissons (retitled Desjardins) from my 7th fave Disney musical, Little Mermaid (one of several I could play from start to finish on the piano without skipping a bit), but for those who want a delightful taste of what this geeky dream is about, check out his crush-on-Obama admitting run through Bridge Over Troubled Water/Waiting On The World To Change. He goes from comedy to having you in the palm of his hand with his lovely, earnest singing style in seconds. It's genuinely exquisite. Can't wait to see what he brings to Ballroom :)


Jerry Reid ~ To be honest, very little is known about Jerry Reid. Having looked at his website, i can present you with some facts: He has been blessed with amazing pop star hair, which is very important to me. He can turn his hand to rock that's as sombre as anything from Kelly Clarkson's My December (Happy New Year shows off his gravelly vocal to fine effect and makes me hope for something uptempo and a bit rockabilly on Ballroom). There are several videos of him on you tube, though none particularly recent so may not be indicative of his current musical leanings. This makes him a bit of a mystery and one that I want to solve. So I look forward to hearing what he brings to Ballroom Remixed, seeing if he still has amazing hair and I'm pretty sure he'll continue to win me over with his slightly dangerous vocal style. I'm giddy with anticipation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY