Saturday, November 13, 2010

Although I write my notes while I'm watching the show on the tellybox, I usually type this little intro bit after so I can tell you that I'm well miffed that two of my Elton John songs that I had chosen in the week for my own fizzypop factor were snaffled tonight. Bah. Oh well. I'm still having one of them, i'm just moving it from Elouise to Princes & Rogues (who will no doubt do a much jauntier performance of it - I'd initially thought they would do a sterling Something About The Way You Look Tonight but never mind). So here are the sort of songs of Elton John i would have picked for my lovely acts... Right on with the show proper, but not until you've enjoyed the latest Princes & Rogues video above...

ELTON JOHN WEEK

  • THE INTRO ~ It's the first proper theme week really isn't it? Like actually properly one artists songs. I'd have preferred Take That Week really (see my choices for that in the comments) but I'll take what I can get. The Bitch Is Back plays as the judges come on - for rubbish voter Cheryl no doubt. Louis has dressed as Dermot once again which is most annoying. Ooo it's straight to the boys before I've even had time to diss Cheryl's hair...
  • PAIJE ~ Apparently the Harry Potter main cast all recognise Paije from some bit part he did 4 years ago. Rrriiiiigggght. Paije comes on stage in a hideous pink jacket - like something Victoria Wood would wear in the 80s. HE would be a brilliant drag queen - someone call RuPaul's Drag Race stat! He's singing Crocodile Rock which I absolutely rock on the piano. My fingers are flying up and down them keys. Paije does ok but I think he got a bit distracted by all the balloons at one point. Christ alive, Louis compares him to Luthor Vandross. This is bordering on offensive now - next week it will be Tracy Chapman!! Simon and Louis are quite nasty about the ok performance and you can live pause the moment Paije's heart breaks. Back to extras work on Deathly Hallows part two then :(
  • AIDEN ~ Hang on! 2 boys in a row again? This happened last week! Surely this is some weird conspiracy! Aiden too would make a brilliant drag queen though he would be more elegant than Paije. He thinks it would be "rubbish" to leave at this stage of the competition, which is about as honest as you get and akin to Nicola Girls Aloud saying she thought it was a "boss experience" on Popstars The Rivals. Aiden's doing Rocket Man (I would've picked Tiny Dancer) in a far too jazzy jacket standing on a white formica table inbetween two pianos. Which he walks on. I'm not happy about this, i have a thing about people walking on pianos. I have never walked on mine, though drunk i did mock hump it once and I think it never recovered. Louis naturally spaffs some more man love over Aiden while Cheryl is back to looking like Princess Fiona (the ogre version). Simon accuses Louis of "manstruating". My words not his. It's all drama tonight innit? It was an ok performance. I'm more and more convinced that Aiden is whispering "call me" in Dermot's ear when they shoulder bump each week!!
  • MARY ~ An ace gang member unkindly suggests that Mary and Hagrid have never been seen in the same room at the same time. I swear a piece of cheesecake comes out my nose at this point. I think she looks lovely this week and does a fine version of the Elton Can You Feel The Love Tonight with a tricky key change. I thought it was quite decent and she was much more confident this week. Simon thinks telling Mary she has a heart is a compliment, but let's face it most people have a heart otherwise they would be dead. Next he'll be telling Rebecca she's real. Oh. Pissing nora!

  • KATIE ~ Will she "sod it" this week? No one wants her here (except Mark) including CherylFiona. Sadness that she doesn't do the only song that could have potentially made me be interested for a millisecond (The Bitch Is Back). Instead she looks like an auditionee from failed musical Desperately Seeking Susan and sings Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting. And not well. There's a lot of fisting in the performance at one point and Dannii looks as unimpressed as I am. CherylFiona and Louisontheblob have a fight and then Simon joins in and it all gets a bit uncomfortable. I would be furious if someone told me to shut up though. It's the main reason I don't like the Black Eyed Peas...
  • MATT ~ I wish I had thought of the name Matt Cuddles. That is rather brilliant and more socially acceptable than Matt Hardon. CherylFiona says any artist is only as good as their last performance so god knows what that says about her ogre like abilities. I do prefer Matt's outfit this week and he does huge credit to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Kudos to it being more uptempo than normal (though he looks pained and strained in some of the falsetto)... Incredible performance though and when I've watched back some of his older shows this week he has given a winning performance week on week. THE PRAYING HANDS CONTINUE THOUGH!! (Probably to ward off his new superfan Bellatrix Lestrange!)
  • CHER(YL) ~ I sort of predicted Cher(yl)'s song on twitter this week. I said she should do Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Blue version complete with Simon Webbe "yo yo"s). Then I thought she might do Eminem's Stan cos Elton duetted with him on it once. So I was sort of right. Go me. Cher(yl) says she could've worked in a shop "which is fine". How magnanimous of her!! "What I gotta do to make you love me" she starts singing - a lot more than this you future Asbo holding little dear. Meh. She merges Sorry... with some Eminem song. Simon loved it though I am left pondering what there was to love as her singing vocal wasn't that great particularly on some of the higher notes. And there are a lot of better, more innovative singers out there right now - DeeDee, Jessie J, Eliza Doolittle, Caro Emerald, Nicki Minaj et al

  • WAGNER ~ "Dur-mot". Brilliant. Daniel Radcliffe initially looks terrified of Wagner but this is probably because he has dressed as Lucius Malfoy for the HP premiere. Jesus! Technical difficulty means dead air time - which is still better than Wagner who does I'm Still Standing. Sort of. Loving the dance routine behind - like it's the reception of his wedding from last week. His "wife" stands next to him as he does a sort of ghastly Circle of Life. I'm surprised the Mrs didn't give birth and hold Wagbo baby high in the air at the song's finale. Dannii is stunned. "Is it the divorce next week?" She muses. (PS Louis - THIS IS NOT A MASH UP)!!!
  • ONE DIRECTION ~ They are just turning into a proper little boyband int they? Accessible fashions from high street stores that still look proper decent; Harry snogging "birds" in Simon's dressing room; singing my FAVE Elton song that I've always thought would work for a boyband (and the one I wanted to give to PnR tonight!), etc. Daniel Radcliffe gives them permission to fantasize over Emma Watson. CHRIST ALIVE. This sounds well pervy. I love love love a bit of Something About The Way You Look Tonight. It's very Westlife visually but the song is a corker. Stunning - love the key change. If they win this competition (and they might), pick this as the winner's single because it will be the first one I've bought since Shayne Ward if they do. Adore them. So off to iTunes to purchase this right now.
  • REBECCA ~ Will it be a slow song? Probably. Her posture is dreadful in VT but her dress at HP is lovely so it all balances out (though she might not in later life if she doesn't sort them shoulders out). She's doing Candle In The Wind (I would've picked Your Song). It's performed very well but i'm not sure what else to say about Rebecca. She's good, yet I'm strangely unmoved. Oh my.
Top 3 ~ One Direction, Matt, Mary
Bottom 2 ~ Wagner, Katie (though if Wagner is in bottom 2, we get Katie ANOTHER week. Sheesh)...

Take That week suggestions in the comments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY