Thursday, November 11, 2010

Love or hate, decide. I'm all excited about the new single from upcoming boy popper Kyle Brylin, only the bloody thing keeps getting delayed. No doubt it's to make sure that his package (oo-er) is perfect for the discerning masses, but I'm an impatient fella. I managed to track Kyle down and have a word, though I have to say my palms got all sweaty and I was a bit nervous. I often make massive faux pas when talking to pop people. What if I accidentally call him Kylie?! What if I get pulled into a Dermot style shoulder bumping hug that I am not ready for?! (This happened with Sergey Lazarev and my arm ended up trapped with my hand pressed uncomfortably against his crotch. The shame). Luckily Kyle is as charming as he is handsome and we have a rather lovely natter, which you lucky lucky folk can read below.

For those who don't know, Kyle Brylin has had some rather good electro-pop EPs out, including one of my fave songs of 2010 - the effortlessly brilliant The Star. His next single release is the addictive Committed which has a percolating beat, some great synths and a chorus as big as all outdoors. It makes you want to bump and grind your hips, grab the one you love and shimmy... It's due out in early January and I can't wait :)


1 - Kyle, buddy, what is going on?! Are you "committed" to the release of Committed are what?! Your public demands to know what the freaking delay is?!

Hey, Paul! AHH I feel so bad for all of these delays, but trust me, each time the reason gets better and better! We've got the remixes all ready to go, and are waiting on the physical release (which I can not wait to get my hands on, so excited), tweaking the album art, and a few other additions. Don't worry though, this time it's for real: Committed releases in January.

2 - I hear there is a video coming too - or is that top secret? Ssshh, we'll keep it between us! Can you give anything away about it yet? Do you have a "vision" for it? Or is just a literal interpretation and you in a straitjacket?!

Okay, the cat's out! Haha where is everyone hearing all of this stuff?! (Me: you can't keep anything a secret nowadays!! Blame Twitter!) Yes, there is going to be a video, and it is the main reason for all of this delay. I told you it was good! I can't give away any details, I don't want to make any expectations. However I will share that I came up with the concept (no straight jackets, it did cross my mind though) for the video and we are scheduled to shoot in NYC the beginning of December. It will be my first video, so the anticipation is killing me!

3 - That will be freezing if it's an outdoor shoot! Wrap up warm! Right, lots of your songs lend themselves to a choreographed dance routine. These are becoming increasingly important in a pop video - can you bust a move and will you be grabbing the one you love and shimmying to your music on stage/video anytime soon?

There will definitely be some move busting. I'll be doing the choreography for the video myself, as well. I haven't gotten to preparing for live shows yet, I mean, where the heck do I even BEGIN??

4 - Is it frustrating being "an upcoming artist"? Do you have to keep down a day job until you are selling a Ke$ha number of downloads? Do you ever feel like saying "ah fuck it, i'll just apply for X Factor next year"!?

Well, I wouldn't say that it's frustrating but it's definitely testing my patience haha. I really love it though. You only get one chance to be that "upcoming artist" so I'm just enjoying that ride and my anonymity, living in the moment of my story unfolding. You know how on all artist's websites they have a bio section? I feel like I don't really have one yet, but day by day it's being written, and that's very surreal for me. Yes, I do have a day job, and I am absolutely in love with it. I was actually promoted and transferred a few weeks ago. We'll see where the future takes me. I have very, very high hopes that my two worlds will merge.

As for X Factor and all that. No joke, I'm asked every single day about doing American Idol. The answer is no. I can't get wrapped up in that reality stuff, it's just not me.


5 - Didn't you do some modelling as well? Everytime I check facebook or twitter you are looking rather dapper in a suit! Or is that just how you lounge around your apartment?!

Why thank you, Paul. :) Yeah, I've done some modeling, though I certainly don't claim to be a "model". It's funny how many of my photos actually are taken in my apartment though. My former roommate and I would move everything away from the walls and take pics all the time. Photography is one of our biggest hobbies.

6 - You should post more twit pics then! Talking of twitter, you seem to be a bit like me - tweet first, think later. On the phone, during sex, in a meeting - is there anywhere you won't be tweeting? (ooo that rhymed!) And do you have any twitter regrets?

You're a poet and you didn't even know that you were one (no-rhyming intentional). Hahaha I pretty much act first and think later all day long. Half the shit I say and do I'm like, "did that really just fly out of my mouth?" Hey, if it's funny, it needs to be said. Because a good laugh is always necessary. I have my blackberry with me at all times, unless I forget it somewhere which just happened this weekend. twitter regrets? I have a few from when I very first started twitter, because I was basically drunk from age 19 to 20, but I just can't bring myself to delete them, it's like a story line. No matter how immature haha.

7 - "I was basically drunk from age 19-20". Amazing!! Now you are older and wiser, do you think that all this social media is a help or a hinderance to promoting music? Sometimes i love it, but then sometimes i miss the days when you first heard a song for the first time when you actually first bought the single or album... (god i sound ancient)

Ancient? I was around for them too! Ugh I miss the albums days so much. I feel like the popularity of single downloading has made it way too easy for artists. So you have one good song, big deal. You have to be able to back that up, and it'd better be with 11 more tracks and some kick ass album art. Someone recently asked me what my favorite album that released this year was. I honestly couldn't think of anything. The last album I bought that I still love to listen to from beginning to end is Season of Poison by Shiny Toy Guns. Utterly Brilliant.

8 - I'll give it a whirl. You've sung on some rather romantic little ditties, such as my favourite - The Star (a mix between JLS One Shot and Girls Aloud Untouchable). Are you a big softie with the ladeez/fellas/whatever at heart?!

Me? Soft? um... NEVER. That recording of The Star was actually done acoustic, I stripped out the guitar and pumped it up. I wanted it to be more fun, and save the acoustic stuff for in person. But yeah, every lyric in every song I write is drawn from a real experience. I guess you could say I'm a little soft. lol.

9 - What artists are you loving right now? Which songs do you wish you'd got your hands on and belted out?

Right now I'm really loving Kid Cudi Up, Up and Away, Locnville Sun In My Pocket, Lady Gaga Changing Skies and Jeffree Star Queen of the Club Scene. What song do I wish I'd have gotten my hands on? I sing I Just Can't Wait To Be King from The Lion King every day, I don't know why, but it's always in my head. It's so funny because I don't even realize it and everyone is always like "um, Kyle are you singing The LION KING?" hahaha. It's my favorite Disney movie, I can't help it.

10 - See - that would be brilliant for Elton John week on the X-Factor in the UK this Saturday!! Why do you think burps taste of Fritos when you haven't even eaten Fritos? And what are Fritos?

Oh, to be from a land where Fritos are unknown. I envy thee. They are these disgusting corn chips that basically fuel this country haha. You'll see them if you ever go to a Super Bowl Party. I really hope you have to ask me what that is, too. hahaha.

11 - I will buy a bag when I am in FloRida (the state, not the rapper) next month. And what IS the Super Bowl? Is it a tupperware party? Ok, if you were to show me the haunts of your home town, where would we hang out? Who would you be avoiding?!

Haha oh man. Well I can straight up say there's no chance in hell we'd be going to Wal*Mart, because I don't feel like having to say hi to every single person who knew me when I was 11. I would definitely show you my old bedroom, it's the corner of my mom's basement. Maybe hang out at Park-No-Fun (the "playground" up the street that sucked). And we'd definitely have to go on a roadie through the back roads and get really blazed. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

12 - I look forward to it! What is your most embarrasing High School memory?

I got caught throwing away our lunch trays because I thought they were ugly and wanted new ones. Instead of reporting me to the police or making me pay for them, they made me wash the dishes for two weeks, and have lunch detention for the rest of the school year. You've seen Drop Dead Gorgeous, right? Remember when Kirsten Dunst is doing the dishes at school and the guy says "You've got lutefisk in your hair" and she says "Then it must be Wednesday!"? It looked just like that. Ido have to add: we got new lunch trays that year. :)

I love Drop Dead Gorgeous. The mom with the beer can welded to her hand?! Amazing. And frankly I think lunch trays need to be pretty to make the world a better place. Well that's all i can think of right now. it's been a blast. come to England. We'll hang.

One of my new years resolution is to get a passport next year. One of my goals is to get there by the end of next year. I'll look you up. :)

Please do. What a nice fella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY