Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm getting ridiculously behind with things that I want to blog about. I still haven't done some of the posts I wrote were upcoming 2 weekly round ups ago! I'm going to make a concerted effort to catch up over the next week and schedule some posts to "air" while I'm on holiday in Gran Canaria (woohoo 7 days and counting!) In the meantime, while I could happily post again about the charming Same Difference, I'll give it a rest and have a pokey around what's actually been happening the rest of the week! Including the new William of Young video which takes pride of place at the top of the page because the song is so eminently hummable, brilliant and singable and also because once again, the video is amazing (best bits? Of the song - when Will sings "if you could shed a little light on" and makes it sound totally Will, yet like an Annie Lennox song. Of the vid - William lamarze (sp?) class dancing)

TWEET THE WEEK:


  • Thank the high heavens above. Darin is back. He didn't really go away though, did he? He was busy plugging away with his Flashback album (that unbeknownst to him - probably - turned out to brilliantly represent the sound of 2009 before anyone else was doing it) and alongside that recording brilliant pop cover versions of Coldplay's Viva La Vida (one of the best pop songs of the past few years). It's not quite as Christmassy as the initial clip suggested, but it's a great version and it's been on heavy repeat since I first got it this morning. Check out PPG and Jessica's views...
  • Mans Zelmerlow has apparently chosen Impossible as the next single from MZW. Sigh. This is ok, but i think he really needed some better choices to promote this album (as I've said in my fizzypop chronicles). I only really wanted to mention that so I would have an excuse to link to some nice pics of Mans. PS, the start of the Rewind vid I posted in that first FP link (my) reminds me of We Go Together from Grease.
  • And while we're pondering hot musical guys, let's all watch this again. If any boy/over 25 does a version as good as Daniel Boys does on the X Factor, I will "lose my shit" (ew. Will never use that expression again).
  • Gary Barlow is a) looking more lovely than ever lately and b) putting out some quite good stuff lately isn't he? First off is the live Circus DVD/CD (Woo!); then the new Alesha ballad is quite elegant and lovely in a gets better with each listen sort of way. But taking elegant to a whole new level is his new signing, Camilla Kerslake. Coming across like an operatic version of Elouise, her voice floats around the ether and is both haunting and commanding. Check out her utterly beautiful version of Take That's Rule The World and hear it in a whole new way. Can't wait now for a debut single proper in November. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm smitten. Smitten like a kitten.
  • And while we are on the fusion of classical and pop, remember G4? Oh how i liked their almost comedy pop-operatic-harmonised take on pop. They may be over, but plenty to take their place. Blake have a new album out on Monday (key tracks I'm looking forward to = With Or Without You; When A Child Is Born) and choirtastic Only Men Aloud compete with Band of Brothers (key tracks = Somebody To Love; Total Eclipse). If that weren't enough "vocal harmony group" Straight No Chaser have a new EP out (the I'm Yours medley is proper brillo) and follow up their ace Christmas set from last year with another one called Christmas Cheers. Be sure to click on the link and tell me which Chaser is hottest for you :) Me? 1st guy sitting down on the right :)
  • Weekly Glee! Boys vs Girls? MAZE! Who'd you think was best? And is anyone else finding Puck insanely hot?

BIZARRE THEORIES OF THE WEEK:

No-one really agrees with me on the first two (lots of raised eyebrows and smiling & nodding!) but the last one gets a general big thumbs up. A) Lady Gaga's LoveGame is actually just an updated remake of Debbie Gibson's Shock Your Mama. B) Season 2 of True Blood was just a (albeit entertaining) season long version of the picnic scene from Elvira. C) Simon Curtis is made for Glee. That is all folks!

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:


21 ~ Sugababes 3.0, Get Sexy
20 ~ Little Boots, Remedy
19 ~ Same Difference, Better Love Me
18 ~ Madonna, Revolver (NE)
17 ~ Madonna, Celebration
16 ~ Mika, Blame It On The Girls (NE/VID)
15 ~ Mika, We Are Golden
14 ~ Dolly Rockers, Boys Will Be Boys
13 ~ Mini Viva, I Left My Heart In Tokyo
12 ~ Shakira, She Wolf
11 ~ Whitney Houston, Million Dollar Bill
10 ~ BWO, Love Comes Crashing Down
09 ~ JLS, Everybody In Love
08 ~ Little Boots, Earthquakes
07 ~ Alexandra Burke, Bad Boys
06 ~ Mariah Carey, I Want To Know What Love Is
05 ~ Alphabeat, The Spell
04 ~ Nerina Pallot, Real Late Starter
03 ~ Leona Lewis, Happy
02 ~ Robbie Williams, Bodies
01 ~ Blake Lewis, Heartbreak On Vinyl (2 weeks)

COMING UP: (For real this time) ~ Sunday=X Factor First Live Show round up (+Robbie Williams!); Monday=Albums reviews spectacular; Weds=Christmas single suggestions; Thurs=TV round up... (all will probably have gone to hell by Sunday night :P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY