Friday, October 2, 2009

I've usually got loads of drivel to spit out at you on this bit of the weekly round up, but I'm feeling oddly morose today. Perhaps that is because it is Friday and I still have a few hours of work left (which I am working very hard at if anyone from work is actually reading this!) At least the weekend is mere hours away where fun and frivolity will no doubt flow. Hurrah. Mood saved. On with the highlights of this week:

TWEET THE WEEK:


  • ACE MUSIC: I first became aware of the solo singer from former O-Zone member Dan Bălan's (now known as Crazy Loop) new single thanks to the PopTrashAddict's pop panel a few weeks ago when I gave Mm Ma Ma a solid 4/5. I wrote "I was actually expecting some dreadful novelty hit sounding tune, not this quite accomplished electro pop tune that just charms from start to finish. I know I'm a bit schizophrenic when it comes to liking eurotrash pop dance tunes - I either get them (this one) or I don't (Kim Sozzi). So overall, I'm quite chuffed with this. Wonder whether he busts any of those moves in the sack?!" Ahem - always finding a tone, and then lowering it then! Regardless, if you haven't checked this corking pop tune out you really are doing yourself a disservice - there a whole host of remixes (including Almighty) that make the song even more of a dance party when it's released on October 12th in the UK. The video for it is quite marvelous (with over 13million hits) - and don't just take my word for it: Dluv loves it too! Hurrah!
  • BOOK NEWS: Hurrah part 2! The author of one of my very favourite novels of all time (Gregory Maguire - Wicked) has a novel out based on my very favourite season of all time (Christmas). How bloody brilliant is this?! Matchless: A Christmas Story is a re-telling of The Little Match Girl and I am pretty confident it will be entirely marvelous. I love it when favourite things collide!
  • BOOK NEWS: I love love love Peter Pan. Love the book. Love the Disney cartoon. Assume I would love the play in London but haven't seen it yet. Anyway a few years ago at one of my Disneyland sojourns, I picked up the Disney-authorised prequels to the classic JM Barrie - and they were entirely delightful. There hasn't been a new one for a couple of years but at last the story continues in Peter and The Sword of Mercy. If you are looking for an enjoyable and magical romp for the kids (or yourself!) then you could do a lot worse...
  • BOOK NEWS: In recent years, Eoin Colfer has become one of my go-to authors for a brilliant, entertaining read. The Artemis Fowl series is both hilarious and clever, while Half Moon Investigations (both book and tv show) is a winner from start to finish. Eoin has now written the 6th (!) in the Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy trilogy, entitled "And Another Thing..." I was lucky enough to get a preview copy of half the book and it's both true to the Douglas Adams series but has undeniable moments of Eoin genius. I'm itching to read the rest and will be picking up my copy at Borders in Brum on Oct 13th when Eoin is there to sign it! Bonza!
  • BOOK NEWS REDUX: XO notified me that there is yet another Adrian Mole diary coming soon; A new Take That glossy book hopefully with lots of photos of DILF Gary Barlow; A new Alex Rider is out in November... (Though this and the above 3 bullet points don't really prove otherwise, I swear I read adult books sometimes. I'm starting Dexter By Design soon!)
  • ACE MUSIC TO FINISH: Let's round up the week by informing you I am seriously re-addicted to Nerina Pallot. Real Late Starter has eased effortlessly into my top ten (and inspired one of my fave twitters of the week!). I have my 2cd version of her bound to be bloody brilliant actually The Graduate album on pre-order. I have my tickets booked for her brummie show at The Glee Club all booked. And on top of all that she has now gone and had a song she co-wrote with her hubby sung by Kylie on her US tour entitled Better Than Today! Strike a light! It's vaguely reminiscent of one of the best tracks on Body Language (Still Standing) and overall it's part pure pop, part theatrical musical, part disco romp and entirely lovely. "What's the point in living if you don't want to dance?" Indeed. Check out Nerina's version of the song here for your very own compare and contrast exercise :)
TOP 21 TRACKS OF THE WEEK:

21 ~ Benny Andersson Band, Story of a Heart
20 ~ Little Boots, Remedy
19 ~ Pet Shop Boys, All Over The World
18 ~ Sugababes 3.0, Get Sexy
17 ~ Madonna, Celebration
16 ~ The Dolly Rockers, Boys Will Be Boys
15 ~ Same Difference, Better Love Me
14 ~ Little Boots, Earthquake
13 ~ JLS, Everybody in Love
12 ~ Shakira, She Wolf
11 ~ Mini Viva, I Left My Heart in Tokyo
10 ~ Mika, We Are Golden
09 ~ Nerina Pallot, Real Late Starter
08 ~ Whitney Houston, Million Dollar Bill
07 ~ Alexandra Burke, Bad Boys
06 ~ BWO, Love Comes Crashing Down
05 ~ Alphabeat, The Spell
04 ~ Mariah Carey, I Want To Know What Love Is
03 ~ Leona Lewis, Happy
02 ~ Robbie Williams, Bodies
01 ~ Blake Lewis, Heartbreak on Vinyl (NE/1 week)

Coming next week: GAH! I'm way behind - but a round up of the latest US tv (obviously featuring GLEE!); some album reviews redux (Blake Lewis, Nerina, Dragonette, Yeah You's and more...); the X Factor write up (Judge's Houses - I just know the twins from hell will make the live shows :/); and something VERY amazing featuring long time obsession Same Difference!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY