Thursday, October 29, 2009

The last day at work is an odd beast isn't it? I mean, there really isn't much to do, yet you sort of have to show your face and get through the day by disturbing everyone else with "oh i'll miss you, let's be life long friend" chats and browsing google for whether Sophie B. Hawkins is ever going to release a new album. Then comes the inevitable sad bit where you leave and it's the people you'll miss rather than the place itself. Still it's off to pastures new and exciting land of opportunities on Monday so I guess I'll see what the next chapter of my life brings :) And while I'm waiting for that, here is the week that was!

TWEET THE WEEK:

  • Just like the company I am off to work for on Monday, Erasure 'The Innocents' is a whopping 21 this week and I am already treasuring my remastered cd copy (plus mp3s of the Birmingham concert tour of 1988 which I was actually at. I'm pretty sure you can hear me screaming :P). It's all sorts of marvelous and you can download a guilt-free remix of the epic A Little Respect by clicking on this title :) (It is a dub so don't get too excited!)
  • Other magnificent albums from the 14/15th year of my life that are obviously 21 this year also include: Kylie Minogue - Kylie; Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue; Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl; Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel; Roxette - Look Sharp; Belinda Carlisle - Heaven On Earth; Gloria Estefan - Anything For You...
  • Talking of albums, I'm really behind with my reviews but luckily lots of other people have done decent write ups that mirror my own opinions to one degree or another. Best write up (and most accurately reflecting my own feelings towards the tremendous pop album) is Nick's Alphabeat write up. The album is one of THE pop delight's of the autumn, and Nick's writing is always passionate and a joy to read. DJ absolutely has to be the second single, followed by Heat Wave please. Thank you
  • I have a problem with The Saturdays. I really want to like them. I really do like some of their singles. I just don't find them cohesive as a group in the way that other girl groups are. Anyway their latest album Wordshaker is a mixed bag, but does have four very good tracks on that should all be singles. Ignore Forever Is Over because the wonderful Ego should have been first, followed by the made for dry ice and wind machines Here Standing around Christmas, then the poptastic One Shot and Wordshaker would round out the campaign. Everything else you can skip :P For alternate views see Nikki, Poppostergirl, Mel, Adem and J...
  • Finally (album wise), I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying the Alexandra album, Overcome. 75% of it is quite good indeed and there is some nice diversity ranging from some doo-wop 60s girl band influence (Bury Me; You Broke My Heart), some cracking dance pop (Bad Boys despite flo-rida; Broken Heels) and the requisite ballad, wrought with emotion (though surprisingly it's The Silence that is much better than the title track. All of these songs deserve to be singles (bypass the Ne-Yo collab. Too desperate.) For more see (deep breath) Ken, Jessica, J and ADH...
TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:

Congrats on Simon getting to 6000 followers on twitter! You can now download the full remastered version of Delusional here guilt free for free. How generous. Simon has had his first (I think) US airplay this week courtesy of my twitter buddy Larry Flick, so as always I am convinced that great things are starting to happen for Simon :) Larry will be 'spinning' Delusional on his Sunday show this week and you can read my review of the song here :)

21 ~ Marina & The Diamonds, Mowgli's Road (NE)
20 ~ Mini Viva, I Wish (NE)
19 ~ The Dolly Rockers, Boys Will Be Boys
18 ~ Mariah Carey, I Want To Know What Love Is
17 ~ Whitney Houston, Million Dollar Bill
16 ~ Robbie Williams, Bodies
15 ~ Sugababes 3.0, About A Girl
14 ~ Alexandra Burke, Bad Boys
13 ~ Alphabeat, The Spell
12 ~ Westlife, What About Now (NE)
11 ~ Leona Lewis, Happy
10 ~ Nerina Pallot, Real Late Starter
09 ~ Simon Curtis, Delusional (NE)
08 ~ Madonna, Revolver
07 ~ Mika, Blame It On The Girls
06 ~ Blake Lewis, Heartbreak On Vinyl
05 ~ Little Boots, Earthquake
04 ~ JLS, Everybody In Love
03 ~ The Killers, A White Demon Love Song
02 ~ William Young, Hopes & Fears
01 ~ Darin, Viva La Vida (3 Weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY