Friday, March 27, 2009

(One week on from the release of "Astronaut", and I've still got it on constant repeat at EuropeCrazy HQ but I've decided to limit Salem's songs to a maximum of five per week on the playlist - need to get some other songs on it too ha ha!!)

"Cold Shower" - Salem: stunning opening track to the new album which just seems to get better with every listen. Clever call-and-response lyrics wrapped up in a confident and intelligent musical arrangement.

"One of the Others" - Salem: still my favourite on the new album - a perfect example of timeless songwriting. A totally amazing song.

"Astronaut" - Salem: the current single, but it seems to make even more sense on the album. Becomes more lovely everytime I hear it.

"Brooklyn Sun" - Salem: a beautiful, new, unreleased song performed live last weekend at Bengans in Stockholm. I'm not sure how long it will be around on YouTube so check it out while you still can.

"Roxy" - Salem: coincidentally I am actually listening to this song right this minute. The more I hear it, the more it screams "international hit", it's such a fun song you can't help singing along with it.

"Jai Ho" - AR Rahman & the Pussycat Dolls: with "Slumdog Millionaire" mania still going, the PCDs go for a quick and very catchy cash-in.

"I'm Not Alone" - Calvin Harris: I still think this will be a massive hit, although so far my (dull) local radio station is ignoring it. Poor old Calvin's not too well at the moment - hope you get better soon!

"Shake It" - Metro Station: there is probably something deeply wrong in liking this because it has a member of the Cyrus family on it, but I do find it terribly catchy, against my better judgement.

"Forever" - Måns Zelmerlöw: rejoice, for the album is out, and I will be buying it when I go over to Sweden in three weeks. This is like Basshunter's "All I Ever Wanted" wrapped up in pure Måns-tastic-ness.

"Tingeling" (about 40 versions of this at the moment, any one will do). Yes I know it's wrong, but as the great Kanye West once said ...."I can't get much wronger".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY