Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hello everyone. What a lovely weekend I have had, and it's not even over yet. This situation is 84.2% marvelous in the very extreme. Darren and I took ourselves down to London (a place i like in principle but can't wait to leave once i'm there) to visit our ever so lovely friends Simon and Mark (who score extra points for hating Katy Perry and thinking Lady GG sounds like a constipated robot) - and of course to see the new stage version of the ace movie Priscilla Queen of the Desert. More on that tomorrow. The weekend was marred somewhat by a trip to Thorpe Park this morning to go on the hugely hyped and advertised Saw The Ride, only to find it was broken. Aces. Oh well, on with the week...



  • I do enjoy Comic Relief. You get to see lots of pop stars perform things and comedy sketches. Out of the performances, I thought the Take That were rather aces with The Garden (above), but Alesha Dixon also excelled with her new single Let's Get Excited as did Annie Lennox who seemed the most genuinely moved and may even get top 40 this week. Oh and when Just Can't Get Enough played over the montages of fundraising across the country, it seemed to make perfect sense as a Comic Relief single choice. Tidy.
  • French and Saunders (and Patsy!!) were also amazing with their Mamma Mia pisstake :) (which is best viewed at Phil's site). Now I love mamma mia the movie, but i'm comfortable enough in my love for it to rip it to shreds. Love that in the sketch the director says its about a slut who doesn't know who her daughter's father is :P (I also love Titanic but it only took me one viewing to know which bits would bug me forever - the whole Fabrizio character, Billy Zane regularly chewing the scenery with lines like "i put the diamond in the coat" (flails arms ridiculously) "I put the coat on the girl"; that daft old lady chucking a priceless artifact into the ocean with a feeble "eh"!!). PS, no one is ever allowed to make fun of Love, Actually. That movie is off limits. Ditto Stardust.
  • BTW that was a bit of an edited The Garden from Take That wasn't it? Talking of edits and single mixes Untouchable has leaked and will be seen by millions tonight on Dancing on Ice. The edit isn't entirely horrible - a little less Nicola than I would have liked and Cheryl sounds a bit screechy in the chorus. I am concerned though that with them appearing on the UK's current top rated show they will get people snapping up the song 5 weeks before release. This is good because they will have to buy the album version. This is bad because it will probably affect their overall chart position.
  • Horne and Corden (from my beloved Gavin and Stacey) debuted their sketch show this week. It was a little bit hit and miss, but I liked it overall and chortled out loud at least three times.
  • The Saturdays performed Work on the increasingly baldy Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway. I'm hoping this means it IS the next single :) Oh. It does mean that. Skill.
  • I am off to Gran Canaria with the Pants next saturday, which means I am ploughing through my latest book - CJ Sansom's Revelation (see I can be classy!) I want to finish it before next Sat because it is vair intruiging and I do not like taking half read books on holiday. I like to start something fresh. I will probably take this (though was disappointed with book 2) and this (destroyed all classiness). And a back log of entertainment weeklies. Tidy.
  • Finally congrats to XO on 5 years of blogging. He celebrated with one of his brilliant mixtapes. And curse Adem for being the latest blogger to make me spend money - his brilliantly written Coldplay live review had me feverishly downloading their back catalogue now I am a Viva convert. Can't wait to see them and GA live this summer :)

TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:


(I have to say that since my original review I have become increasingly smitten with Deborah's Already Gone, including the high bits - and the video was just the icing on the cake. Blows If You Seek Amy out the water!)

21 ~ Marit Larsen, The Chase
20 ~ Jason Mraz, Dynamo of Volition
19 ~ Lily Allen, The Fear
18 ~ William Young, Let it Go
17 ~ Alesha Dixon, Breathe Slow
16 ~ Deborah Gibson, Already Gone (NE)(VID)
15 ~ The Days, No Ties
14 ~ Take That, Up All Night
13 ~ Simon Curtis/Victoria Justice, On The Wings of a Dream
12 ~ The Saturdays, Just Can't Get Enough
11 ~ Lenka, Trouble is a Friend
10 ~ Same Difference, All Roads Lead To Heaven (NE)
09 ~ Alcazar, Stay The Night (NE)
08 ~ Kelly Clarkson, My Life Would Suck Without You
07 ~ Kevin Borg, With Every Bit of Me
06 ~ Sugababes, Every Heart Broken
05 ~ McFly, The Last Song
04 ~ Mans Zelmerlow, Hope and Glory
03 ~ Taylor Swift, Love Story
02 ~ PSB, Love, Etc.
01 ~ BWO, You're Not Alone (2 Weeks)


Coming mon ~ Priscilla: The Review

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY