Friday, June 20, 2008

Oh what a week it has been. I've been all over the country with work. I finally got my hippy hair cut, got some great new sunglasses, and took a photo of it for DazPecs in some manky hotel room in lovely Warrington (which actually was quite a nice place - only losing points for being home to Kerry "Atomic Kitten for five minutes" Katona). I think I look a bit moody but I'm pretty happy that I don't look huge :) I'm still ploughing through Everwood season four and have finally watched Gavin and Stacey season one (Nessa is bloody brilliant, i won't lie to you!). I've felt jetlagged because it never seems to be dark at night and by the time I wake up it's also light! Bring on the winter I say! I feel a bit "farrah on letterman"/"mariah breakdown on mtv" today cos of the hayfever (note: comes up as gay fever on predictive text on sms) so have sort of forgotten how to blog, and will just get the highlights of the musical week done...

OBSESSIONS:


  • As everyone knows by now, The Feeling aren't as felt anymore, but they are still going ahead with Turn It Up as 3rd single and Join With Us as the 4th single. I'm still loving their work, so am very happy that a new UK tour has been announced!! HURRAH! I'm sure Ruthie and I will so be there...


  • Oh god bless William of Young. I'll forgive him for being away from the world of music for so long, because he is so utterly charming and now has a delightful new single and album coming our way in September. Changes (presumably not the same comeback song that Gareth Gates snoozed his way back onto the scene with) and it's parent album Let It Go (i like the link in the title to his last album Keep It On) will no doubt be as brilliant as songs like Your Game (my favourite William song and by far favourite William video), Switch It On and Love Is A Matter of Distance. As much as I like David Jordan's album, I am ready for William to reclaim his rightful throne as king of funky jazz-pop.


  • Same Difference are amping up the anticipation for the forthcoming single and album, by teaming up with delicious sweet makers Haribo to promote a competition to become a Haribo employee for a day. It's like they are the teen Suralan from the Apprentice. BRING ON THE MUSIC!!!!!




  • I'm confused. I neglected poor Deborah Gibson a bit while she was doing her broadway concert in classy Atlantic City, mainly cos, well I wasn't there. And there has been a dearth of new music from her recently. But then this rather weird promo shows up on youtube, and i'm pretty sure that La Gibz is behind the drag queen-esque make up. It's all very intruiging. What's going on?!
The fizzypop 21 poppelegant tracks of the week

21 ~ David Jordan, Set The Mood (NE)
20 ~ Rongedal, Just A Minute
19 ~ Ola, Love in Stereo
18 ~ The Feeling, Without You
17 ~ Jesse McCartney, Bleeding Love
16 ~ Blake Lewis, How Many Words
15 ~ Madonna, Four Minutes
14 ~ Rongedal, Who Do You Think You're Fooling Now?
13 ~ Mariah Carey, Bye Bye
12 ~ Alphabeat, 10,000 Nights
11 ~ Miley Cyrus, 7 Things
10 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love on Me
09 ~ Jack McManus, Bang On My Piano
08 ~ The Feeling, Turn It Up
07 ~ McFly, One For The Radio
06 ~ Enrique, Can Your Hear Me?
05 ~ Madonna, Give It 2 Me
04 ~ BWO, Bells of Freedom
03 ~ Jason Mraz, Lucky
02 ~ Maroon 5 featuring Rihanna, Never See Your Face Again
01 ~ Kylie, The One (3 weeks)

Back on monday with some proper posts again. I've got some album reviews stored up, new singles, new pop acts and continuing the fizzypop 21 acts of all time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY