Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ah, I do love me some DazPecs time. Just got back (literally) from a lovely week in Gran Canaria and as often happens after a relaxing week away I am feeling refreshed, philosophical and ever so slightly zen. Before I get into my normal ramblings about the week away, can I just say that I love love love the picture I took above. It's not the best quality picture in the world, but it does look slightly like a staged Heat magazine photo shoot. And it kind of encapsulates our lovely evenings out, thanks once again to the very very fine and lovely folks at Cafe La Belle (seriously, you have not seen All That Jazz til you have seen Scarlett Sky do it!). Though I have to say, during the onstage games that took place, both Darren and I sustained some hefty injuries in our efforts to win. My elbow has no skin and is green and gooey! GOOEY! Doctor tomorrow methinks... Here are some highlights of the week mixed in with some random thoughts that popped into my head...

  • Darren, Ruthiepoos, Lou and I spent the saturday (24th) at Gay Pride in Birmingham, which was quite lovely and jam packed with wannabe popstars (and some actual international popstars). I think the mayor of Birmingham slightly overstated it when he said Birmingham was the greatest city in the world. Everyone knows that honour goes to Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapok-aiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand (or Cockburn in Australia, or Muff in Ireland or Titty Hill in Sussex or Bald Knob, Arkansas. The list is endless!)
  • Then Darren and I caught the "red-eye" over to the Canaries and I was so fricking tired. It didn't help when the hostess doing the safety demonstration nearly poked my eye out with the air-blowey thingy on the life jacket.
  • The weather was glorious. Really sunny with a nice breeze. We walked through the dunes a couple of times. Hint ~ take plenty of water and don't get lost. Discovering dogging is not a pretty sight in anyone's imagination. Hideous!
  • I think i'm getting old. I may be over clubbing. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I'd much rather have a decent night in with friends, or a chin wag in the local pub, or perhaps a debauched night with bears and daddies singing musicals numbers in the epic Centre Stage.
  • That's not to say Bar Tubos isn't ace of base. They played a lot of Madonna "4 Minutes" and Kylie "in My Arms". And! DNash! "Amanda"! How very poppostergirl...
  • As I said before, the drinking games at Cafe La Belle are ridiculously hilarious and dangerous at the same time. Darren won when he took part, but i came second the night I had a go, and 20 (!) shots later, with green gunk oozing out my elbow I was lying on the bathroom floor rambling on about godknowswhat....
  • I spent a fair bit of time honing my novel and agonising over the prologue. It has to be just perfect and i was spending far too much time analysing sentence structure, word placement and the flow of it all. Insane! Who knew so much work went into books?! :P
  • It's weird to think that I ever got stressed about blogging. Thezapping was hard work (html wise) and I wanted it to be brilliant. And i think it nearly was. But it was weirdly competitive and stressful. Fizzypop gets back to what thezapping started as - an online diary of what popculture I like and ramblings about my life. And that suits me fine :)
  • Dazpecs vigorous gym routine has really paid off. He is well buff at the moment. I kept having to wipe drool off my chin every time I looked at him. What a stud.
  • I'm inspired for new music and retro old music posts. I discovered some great new music, fell in love with some albums i'd forgotten and finally did my definitive top 25 fizzypop artists of all time list. It was very hard and all relative but all that is coming soon...
  • Reading is fun too! I got through the incredible tudor murder mystery "Dissolution" by CJ Sansom before fast forwarding a few years to the Elizabethan era for some spying fun with Nathan Fox...

TOP 21 FIZZYPOP TRACKS OF THE WEEK:

21 ~ The Feeling, Turn It Up (NE)
20 ~ Sergey, Flyer
19 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
18 ~ Mariah Carey, Bye Bye
17 ~ Captain, Keep An Open Mind
16 ~ Caracola, Smiling in Love
15 ~ Duffy, Warwick Avenue
14 ~ Rongedal, Just A Minute
13 ~ Kylie, In My Arms
12 ~ David Jordan, Move On
11 ~ Ola, Love in Stereo
10 ~ Enrique, Can You Hear It?
09 ~ The Feeling, Without You
08 ~ Blake Lewis, How Many Words?
07 ~ Alphabeat, 10000 Nights of Thunder
06 ~ Madonna, Four Minutes
05 ~ Jason Mraz, Lucky
04 ~ Jack McManus, Bang on Your Piano
03 ~ Jesse McCartney, Bleeding Love
02 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love On Me
01 ~ Maroon 5 ft Rihanna, Never See Your Face (2 weeks)

Tomorrow! A flashback and then the same artists brilliant new album review...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY