Monday, June 9, 2008

Previously on fizzypop:
Do you ever feel like this torrent of bad things keep happening to you? Like you are good(ish) people and yet have had the 6 months from hell? I'm not always good (sometimes i'm moody, sometimes i'm possessive, sometimes i'm jealous, sometimes i'm unforgiving and sometimes i'm VERY judgemental) but I like to think the good out weigh the bad - I'm kind, creative, funny, clever, have a job I love that really affects people's lives for the better daily and fiercely loyal to those who matter. So after a rubbish six months which has seen severed relationships, the demise of thezapping and countless other crap, it's been nice to have the lovely Gran Canaria holiday and then this weekend, celebrating our second manniversary of the civil partnership at a friend's holiday home in Denbighshire, Wales. We took RuthieLoos along, as they are the future mothers of our impending family (if it's a boy, we are responsible for choosing the name. I think we are pretty much settled on William Ephraim) and had a brillo time. Here are some of the highlights:

Ruthiepoos and Darren getting boozed up at the Bar-be-cue

  • The holiday home was lovely. Right across from the beach, lovely little terrace. Darren and I played the "manniversary" card to ensure that we got the only room with the rumpy pumpy double bed. Hurrah, etc.
  • We all played the board game version of Goldenballs on the friday night. I am mortified at how quickly a tightknit group of friends will turn on each other for fake money!!
  • Saturday morning was gorgeous - Darren and I went to the indoor water park. The Saturday Dads in Wales are well buff. So many six packs! Shame about the faces, etc.
  • The wave pool there was vicious. I was bruised and scraped (though might have been from the double bed usage the night before) - and then it rained over the wave pool. Darren pretended he was in Perfect Storm. I booted some little fat boy out the way in order to get out of the pounding rain. I don't always enjoy a good pounding you know...
  • I got very "sun-kissed" in the walk along the beach. I never tan, the redness just fades to white. So now i have a reddish face and big white panda eyes where my sunglasses were. Why Darren finds this hysterical is beyond me.
  • There were far too many seagulls hovering greedily as I ate my fish and chips on the pier. One was eyeing me up so ferociously that I was pretty sure it was coming on to me and (to quote Phoebe from Friends) please, that is never going to happen. I'm scared of birds.
  • The four of us went to look round some of the new holiday homes. The saleslady automatically assumed that Ruth was my sister. Not my wife. How presumptious of her.
  • She then said that "the entertainment staff would love you" (meaning me, not you the person reading this) and asked was I in entertainment?! What can she mean?!
  • Finally, she felt the need to confide that she loved the gays. She always felt so "safe" in their presence. I nearly ruined that belief by headbutting her, but then I decided that she was probably totally safe in the company of "straights" also. Hers was an inner beauty.
  • I got a bit tipsy on wine waiting for the BBQ to be done and spent the whole time dancing around the terrace to the Priscilla Queen Of The Desert - The Musical Soundtrack. You could see the neighbours looking over and thinking either "Oh god there goes the neighbourhood" or more likely "Hurrah. The neighbourhood has arrived. The pink pound is here!"
  • Priscilla Queen Of The Desert - The Musical Soundtrack is very good indeed. I do enjoy a nice operatic version of Confide in Me.
  • Talking of Kylie, the freemason's radio edit of The One is too delish for words.
  • Finally, the four of us spent far too long drunkenly playing Balderdash. Below, for your viewing "pleasure" is a youtube video of one of the rounds. It's probably only funny if you were there though. Darren nearly wet himself. Note my quick looks of bewilderment - i was somewhat sober by this point...


Back tomorrow little dudes! With something angelic...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY