Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You know, I was sitting down last night reading the latest issue of homo-friendly lad mag Details, and I thought to myself "Self. You do not write enough about the acts you are obsessed with at the moment. Particularly that Simon Curtis dude." And while all might seem quiet in the world of fizzypop faves there is actually a whole bunch going on. So let's kick off with the adorable Mr C...





Ever had trouble with chopsticks? Victoria Justice has (best non-superhero superhero name ever) but luckily she and now the world has an instructional simon curtis how to use chopsticks video to guide us through those awkward social moments. Loving the hat Mister Curtis. The food looks delicious too. And I appreciate that Simon uses his napkin to wipe up errant food. So many yucky people just wipe their chin with the back of their hands. It is like they were born with no manners! Warning! Not suitable for vegetarians!!! Check out more victoria and simon action here and at my vancouver video spectacular post here.

Also!! Check out Wikipedia, Creative and Lionshare for the latest news on Spectacular. I am ready to explode with excitement over this movie (DUE TO AIR EARLY 2009)!! Also, updated the Simon index with lots of web resources so click on his pic at the top right of your web browser!

POP OBSESSIONS:


  • The ever lovely Dan from The Feeling was in the telegraph newspaper this weekend talking about fashion. You can check it out here along with a swanky video interview... (I'm not loving his comment about M&S suits seeing as I just bought two from there!!)
  • The ever lovely Sean and Sarah from Same Difference are currently in Sweden recording their eagerly anticipated debut album and another welcome blog appears from them on their website. In your face anonymous commenter!
  • The ever lovely Adam Levine of Maroon 5 was quite rightly featured as one of the hottest bachelors of the moment by not-as-good-as-entertainment-weekly People Magazine. Go them. Though he wouldn't be very bachelor-y if I got my hands on him...
  • I haven't mentioned the charming Robert O'Connor for a while, and actually it's been a while since i spoke with him. However, his debut album is now out. I recommend you purchase it so you will know what I am talking about when I do my review of it very shortly...
  • A-List and V-Factory continue to polish their acts up in preparation for world domination. Or at the very least Fizzypop domination. A-List have a lovely little pop ditty called I Do on their myspace (and now regular rotation in my head) which the increasingly miserable gits at the popjustice forum labelled as "five years too late"; while V-Factory continue to promote their debut EP and have a rather smooth new tune bobbing around called Treat A Lady. Excellent stuff...


  • I was sad to read over at Yuri's place that Blake Delewisicious had been dropped by evil Arista. However, on some Fox morning show t'other day, he backpeddled a bit and decided he had merely ended his association with Arista. Whatever, the label was not a good fit for him and hopefully he will come to Britain and become the megastar I know him to be. Plus he looks quite good in the clip, so extra points for that!
  • I'm not sure how I feel about McFly giving away their new album with hate rag The Sunday Mail. On the one hand, they are masters of their own domain now so can do what they want and it may well help them shack off the "boyband only" tag they are unfairly lumbered with. And it means I get the album on July 20th. But on the other hand, it's the Sunday Mail. I feel dirty just thinking about buying it!
  • La Guzman continues to be amazing - check out her video for the brilliant Mysterious. It's got running around and a hint of lesbian subtext. Isabel looks freaking amazing. I just can't get enough of the ice cool swede!

OTHER OBSESSIONS:

  • Adam wasn't the only person making the People sizzling singles list. My favourite two gossip guys were up in there too - in fact just behind Adam, which is an enviable position in anyone's book. (God I have turned into Jackie Collins)...
  • Ugh, thank god Alex has gone from Big Brother. Vile, bad tempered, rude, ignorant, threatening young lady who sadly will never ever change. Am loving Luke and Kat. So so bored of evil Jennifer and dull Dale. At least Stuart takes his top off a lot :P
  • Have just finished the hilarious and heartbreaking We Can Be Heroes (Pam!!), as well as the just wonderful Gavin and Stacey. I have a non sexual crush on Nessa. Love how her character was "one of the original members of All Saints but i didn't get along with Shaznay!" Tidy!

Right back tomorrow with probably an album review or two; or maybe some pop potential. Who knows? Hayfever tablets making me tres loopy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY