Wednesday, May 30, 2007

t’s been kind of a strange weekend. Because our apartment is right in the centre of the gay village here in Birmingham, Darren and I become the unofficial gay pride hosts to all our friends and it’s a role I really enjoy. However, after a week of being sick, I was pretty much really looking forward to the weekend as I hadn’t really had the greatest week ever obviously ;) Anyway, you should always be careful what you wish for as sometimes you end up very disappointed! First off, the weather was freaking atrocious, it did nothing but rain rain rain rain rain! And not summer rain Belinda Carlisle styl-ee, but more Travis Why Does It Always Rain on me styl-ee. It was very chilly too. Then, my pills should have kicked in by this point and made me better but they totally haven’t so I am due back at the doctors tomorrow for more tests. Oy! So i was feeling quite rough still, and now everytime I go anywhere I’m exhausted after about a few minutes. Grife! Then I was meant to hook up and meet/see Kevin Jon, Beyond and Billiam (all pyramid of power acts who were playing the main stage of pride) but was too ill to go out in the rain! And I was kind of really upset and disappointed about this. But then something really kind of magical happened – my friends. The apartment was never empty this weekend, and my lovely friends were chatty, considerate, comforting, funny, entertaining and constant. Even those that couldn’t be there were texting or emailing constantly (xo, cat, simon&markalicious, Bernice and Kirsty!). And really, that is more important to me than anything else I could have done this weekend J Here are some photos from the friends pride weekend...(i love how the first one is really grainy it reflects how rough i felt, but i love my new trousers and t-shirt in this shot!!)

THE RANDOM FINDINGS FROM THE WEEKEND:

· Simon Curtis is growing his hair. Good luck to him. I’m four weeks late for a hair cut and it’s driving me nuts! PS ~ I can post future-celebrity minutae if i like :P

· Check out the lovely Candy Coated Chaos girls and their pics from their current club tour. As they said to me, it’s all about the hair and make up... you can now purchase their aces single Take Me Home Tonite here! The remixes are bonza!

· Switch22 have done an interview at Phoenix FM – the interviewer quite rightly was fizzing at the slit over them. It’s great to see the boys getting more and more publicity, I feel like a proud father :P

· Lee Cheney and some aces other acts (including supercute Sean Mac) are playing at a showcase in London this Thursday. You can still get tickets here. It’s not to be missed.

· Dr. Who is now a human and some little kid I can’t place from a movie has the pocket watch that can turn everything back to normal. In other words, it was a very very good episode.

· I have started dealing with my Veronica Mars grief by watching again from season one...i’m up to episode four. She’s a marshmallow.

· My favourites Ben and Lee are in the final four of Any Dream Will Do. Justice may indeed prevail!

· One of my friends was going through my blog roll on my comp this weekend and said one of the bloggers (male) looked like Nadia from Big Brother 5!! Which made me laugh a lot, though I won’t say who in case they feel insulted!!

· Maroon 5 quite rightly have the number one album in all of England. Sadly they are only number two in the singles chart. I just don’t get Umbrella...

Hopefully back tomorrow!! See you then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY