Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Life is weird isn't it? I am coping without the lovely dazpanteloons this week and cooking for one is no picnic. Literally as I eat indoors and without a gingham table cloth or ants. And if one isn't the loneliest number I don't know what is. Then you decide to throw yourself into work and discover that not only is your new Group Director horrifically bad at presenting business proposals, but she keeps referring to the organisation as the name of the company she used to work for. How effing incompetent. Luckily keeping copies of all 4 seasons of Everwood has been my chicken soup for the soul this week, and I aim to finish up here and start off on the third year. (Hello Bailey from Party of Five). Then curl up with my book on Elizabeth the First. I am such a hermit. A hermitsexual if you will. Oh and rather randomly before I kick off my wrap up of recent tv, I will list some of the songs on a mix cd from early 2006 that was on in the car today. I think it shows my knack of picking ace groups who sadly amount to nothing. (Well not always nothing...)

  • Alexis Strum, Bad Haircut
  • The Faders, Better off Dead
  • Mohair, End of The Line
  • The Modern, Jane Falls Down
  • The Upper Room, All Over This Town (gorgeous!)
  • The Feeling, Fill My Little World (ok they might have done ok!)

Reality tv has really hit the skids in England (I don't count Dancing on Ice as that was just sheer class - and a little bit of fine ass). The BBC are now hawking yet another Graham Norton fronted talent show for the lead roles in Oliver. OLIVER! Jesus Christ Superstar on a cross that's just taking it too far. ITV is showing Britain's Got Talent - which a) is an oxymoron if ever I heard one and b) annoying cos it's always singers that win. I have the X Factor for that. Luckily the always brilliant Apprentice is back (and not the cack "celebrity" version) and it's always worth watching (and not just for the sweaty dudes above). It just shows how people who are meant to be brilliant in their jobs are often total knobshines, actually quite rubbish and have very few people skills. Mainly cos they were eaten by their hungry hungry egos. They are ridiculously rubbish at selling manky fish (though a whole lobster for a fiver is enough to make me forget how much they squeal when thrown into hot water ) and lose people's underwear (but at least set up a hotline for them to track how their laundry is doing. Oh dear). My favourite moment so far has to be the evil horrible ginger lady team leader from last week who told Sir Alan that she had to help her team so much she was practically breast feeding them! I'm not sure that is the most accurate expression, but it certainly put me off my bedtime milk...

And yay! Historically dubious groin yearnings return! The Tudors came back with a 5 minute plus "previously on" that for some reason was the most thrilling previously on I have seen since Buffy's 100th episode. Even if they did miss out the acely frustrating bit where Anne Boleyn realised she had let Henry go a bit too far and made him withdraw. Really kids, that is hardly the safest contraception method. I have to say the first episode was tres bonne with lots of the devious courtroom machinations going on, And i like how Anne Boleyn unites all the sub plots - the pity you feel for Katherine, the break with Rome and of course Henry's obsession with knobbing her one good and proper. It's going to be a creatively historical season. (Plus of course more Henry Cavill. RAR!)

TV TIDBITS:

Dear God but Idol veers between brilliant and appalling within a matter of minutes. David A and a strangely hot looking Michael Johns were slightly above average, but the rest was a manipulative maudlin affair on America's best scripted comedy drama. I shudder at the Idol gives back thingy on later...
I am loving the gay demons in Reaper. Always nice to see any of the Veronica Mars cast on prime time tv...
Disney are CLEARLY worried about the massive star potential of Simon Curtis and his movie Spectacular. They have already greenlit High School Musical 4. Bring on Spectacular 2 i say...
Oh and talking of Spectacular... (and expect to see some exciting developments re: simon and spectacular on this site very soon!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY