Friday, April 11, 2008

First of all everyone, it's absolutely no fun going to Poundland (the sentence really could end there, couldn't it) buying some blackcurrant cordial and then have the lovely sunny day turn to pissing down cold rain and having to run home without a coat and then the bloody bag breaks as you dash between the taxis crossing the road. No fun whatsoever. Listening to The Pipettes album (more on why later) should have cheered me up, but for some reason while listening to it (not being able to find any cherry flavoured lip balm for my chapped lips) I decided that in the absence of said lip balm that my lips (always kissable) would be soothed by a gentle dab of TCP. I was very very wrong. After several minutes of rolling around the floor in agony, i immersed my lips in a glass of icy cold water (Britta filtered) for about 30 minutes. I still look slightly swollen and like a stunned mullet. I'm such a twat sometimes! Anyway on with all the random stuff I didn't have time for this week...



  • Without even realising it, I'm having a Jim Sturgess week... First of all, let me get out the way that he is quite pleasing on the eye in a cheeky chappy way. He plays George Boleyn in the quite good The Other Boleyn Girl movie (more historically accurate than The Tudors but less Henry Cavill-y so it all balances out), he's in new movie 21 (which Darren and I are watching on Sunday, though he doesn't know it yet. Darren, not Jim. I doubt Jim cares) and he's in my new favourite obsession Across The Universe. I know i'm late on that, but i bloody love that film! And the soundtrack. Oh my days...
  • Talking of The Tudors (always ace, and I prefer Natalie whatsername as Anne Boleyn) here is a weird six degrees type thing I didn't think I would ever write - link The Tudors to ace-ish new act Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong. Lead singer Joe was a choir boy who got bummed in the Tudors, and was also one of The Pipettes backing band! What a varied career he has had. More on their album next week...
  • The very doable RyanDan twins release their debut album in the US this week. One can't help but feel that if they swung by Oprah it would debut quite highly indeed. Maybe Kylie went on the wrong shows?


  • Sigh. There's never a bad time to post a Sergey picture. However, i totally forgot to mention in my big interview write up that he is currently busy recording the Russian version of High School Musical! How exciting...
  • I'm freaking overstimulated with musical soundtracks at the moment and it's all thanks to utterly amazing website The Singing Stage. Such a plethora of musicals I have never before come across. It's feeding my Wicked obsession too, though I feel listening to the German version of that soundtrack twice today might be taking it a tad too far...
  • Maybe Robyn will have better luck with tv show and album success stateside than Kylie, as she is appearing on Letterman. And she is still wearing that fucking scarf thing. Give it up love. It's as tired as oh my days. Oh!

Additional links of great importance (added late saturday 12th)

~ The blogger formerly known as the dj plays my favourite songs who was formerly known as Digital Technique is back. Again. And stuck in the most delightful of grooves :)
~ XO has an ace snap crackle fizzy pop type round up posted - his are called mixtapes and I curse that he thought of that name first :P
~ Poppostergirl has an ace snap crackle fizzy pop type round up posted - including chatting about Jesse McLovely's version of Bleeding Love! Aces.
~ Bobbypops has an ace snap cracle fizzy pop type round up posted - it has Isabel Guzman in it! Though I have gone off The Tough Alliance since yesterday! I'm fickle. Sue me.

TOP 21 FIZZYPOPTASTIC SONGS OF THE WEEK:

21 ~ Duffy, Warwick Avenue (N/E)
20 ~ The Feeling, I Thought It Was Over
19 ~ Ferras, Hollywood's Not America
18 ~ Idina Menzel, Brave
17 ~ Maroon 5, Goodnight Goodnight
16 ~ Jonathan Fagerlund, Playing Me
15 ~ Sugababes, Denial
14 ~ Girls Aloud, Can't Speak French
13 ~ David Jordan, Sun Goes Down
12 ~ Blake Lewis, Got To Get Her
11 ~ Rongedal, Just A Minute (N/E)
10 ~ Alphabeat, Fascination
09 ~ Leona Lewis, Better in Time
08 ~ Mariah Carey, Touch My Body
07 ~ Jason Mraz, I'm Yours (08)
06 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
05 ~ Shayne Ward, Stand By Your Side
04 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love on Me
03 ~ Sergey, Flyer
02 ~ Madonna, Four Minutes
01 ~ The Feeling, Without You (2 weeks)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY