Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another week has just flown by and a lot has happened - in personal life and the crazy world of entertainment. Becoming more and more distant from my once close family; finishing off Super Mario Bros on Nintendo DS; getting a ridiculously young new assistant at work (a sure sign that i'm getting older...) and having the incompetent new receptionist mess up posting a business proposal that is now too late and will cost the company a huge amount. Add to this having to fire someone (I'm so Alan Sugar but with more youthful looking skin) for having sex in the woods with their company uniform on (and it's not even a sexy uniform), filming it and putting it on youtube, and it's been quite the crazy week. Here's all the stuff I meant to write about but didn't quite find the time...



  • I am still very enamoured by the new Madonna single (though the gorgeous new Feeling single knocks it off the top of my charts today) and am quite digging the new video for it. However, I do think Justin has showed Madonna that you can look good at any age by looking a bit classy and not dressing in a flesh coloured leotard...
  • I'm going to do a full tv catch up later this week, but The Tudors and Dr Who both returned and were both quite good. I shall defer to DanUK's knowledge and review of Dr Who before I do my write up but Catherine Tate wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought she might be. In fact she had several laugh out loud moments - my fave being when the doctor tries to break into a window with his sonic screwdriver - it doesn't work. Donna picks up a spanner and yells "Smash it then!" It was clearly funnier on screen than it sounds... more in the week...(brilliant guest appearance at the end!)
  • Mariah Carey (along with Whitney and Janet) was one of my fave singers of the 90s whose career i cooled over in the new millenium. Still Touch My Body is my fave song of hers for the longest time and her appearance on the Friday Night Project was just hilarious...



  • I was listening to a mix cd from 2002 in the car today and there were some great pop songs that year. two that I had completely forgotten about were Bardot's Hit and Run (a Cathy Dennis composition if I'm not very much mistaken) and S Club Juniors (before they were promoted to 8) One Step Closer. Don't they look young? I miss them a little bit...
  • I've been meaning to write two album reviews for a couple of weeks now. Firstly The Kooks new album "konk" but really I couldn't quite get into it and couldn't think of anything decent to say. Secondly, The B52s are back and rocking the Funplex and I really had a lot to say about it but frankly Yuri said it all first and best, so just check out his post instead...
  • Although we have no plans to move for a few years yet (credit crunch, blah blah blah, national economy, blah blah blah), after seeing how gorgeous XO's new neighbourhood is, I've fallen in love with Shifnal in Shropshire where my company has just opened new offices. Sigh. It's so rustic and pretty...



  • Did i happen to exclusively mention first (apart from Hollywood Reporter but who really reads that?!:P) that young Simon Curtis is going to be in the hottest musical of the summer, Spectacular? Well i'm mentioning it again, and keeping schtum on the brillo news he received this week. However, to celebrate this and me finishing my first Nintendo DS game ever, lets check out again Simon's brilliant role as excited teen promoting Nintendo products :)
  • Thanks to jetsetting Mr D'Luv, I got the news about Deborah Gibson's press tour for Camp Electric Youth. She is also a judge on "american-idol-on-the-internet" Total Pop Star and doing a series of concerts at Harrah;s Atlanta. I'm thrilled she is so busy but I am so SO ready for a new album...
  • Finally, has anyone else been secretly addicted to My School Musical - yet another cog in the monolithic High School Musical wheel? It's a talent competition hunting for the next big thing from schools in performance, dance and song. It's crazily addictive, and my faves so far have to be the baton twirling Ravonettes because frankly there isn't enough of that in England! Check out the final on the Disney channel on April 25th...

TOP 21 FIZZYPOP SONGS W/E April 6th 2008

21 ~ James Blunt, Same Mistake
20 ~ The Feeling, I Thought It Was Over
19 ~ Ferras, Hollywood's Not America
18 ~ Duffy, Mercy
17 ~ Maroon 5, Goodnight Goodnight
16 ~ Idina Menzel, Brave
15 ~ Sugababes, Denial
14 ~ Girls Aloud, Can't Speak French
13 ~ Blake Lewis, Got To Get Her
12 ~ David Jordan, Sun Goes Down
11 ~ Jonathan Fagerlund, Playing Me
10 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love on Me
09 ~ Alphabeat, Fascination
08 ~ Mariah Carey, Touch My Body (NE)
07 ~ Jason Mraz, I'm Yours 08
06 ~ Leona Lewis, Better in Time
05 ~ Shayne Ward, Stand By Your Side
04 ~ Sergey Lazarev, Flyer
03 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
02 ~ Madonna, Four Minutes
01 ~ The Feeling, Without You (1 Week)

Previous number ones of 2008: The Feeling - I Thought It Was Over (4 weeks); David Jordan - Sun Goes Down (4 weeks); Jesse McCartney - Leaving (3 weeks); Madonna - Four Minutes (2 weeks)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY