Monday, April 28, 2008

I swore all my posts would be happy and upbeat this week, so I will ignore the fact that I am in a mood over The Feeling placing at number 53 with Without You, while Robyn continues to hawk four year old material and gets in the top forty. Crazy! On with happy goodness of exciting euro-pop! That frankly, if you are Troy, Postergirl or Bobbypops you will already be way familiar with anyhoo... so it's on my happy pony I climb and get on with things!


There has probably always been an abundance of sunny pop songs floating around mainland Europe and I have probably always been aware of them. However, they seem to be ingratiating themselves more and more with me lately as I succumb to the joyous glee that is the majority of the tracks below (presented in no particular order of brilliance!)



Caracola ~ Smiling in Love: What is wrong with this song (above)? Absolutely fucking nothing, that's what! Without even realising it, I think I probably conjured up the title Fizzypop with this song in mind - or songs like this. It absolutely embraces the feel good factor, runs with it, passes the baton to pop danceability and crosses the finish line with a huge tingly feeling in it's pants. Yes it is that good. I am now very very eager to hear the debut album. Britain could do a lot worse than have songs like this in the top ten!
Euroband ~ This Is My Life: A boy-girl duo? Doing persistant dance pop? And looking quite adorable doing it? See, world, there is an audience out there ready for Same Difference! I'd be quite surprised (but pleased) if Stiff came out with something this "drunken club at midnight" sounding, because behind the too cool for school trance backing is some good vocal work and a catchy melody.
Osvaldo Supino ~ Get Back: True story - I got chatting to Osvaldo last year and fell in love with his insiduous track Move On. Then it turns out that it's a Taio Cruz song who had a hit with it earlier this year. I'm unsure of how Osvaldo came by it, but it doesn't matter because he did the song proud. His new single is very male Britney/Simon Curtis - shuffling beats, a catchy refrain and trendy electro sound effects make this a winner. I'm positively DESPERATE for an album from this dude! Because if it features more tunes like this, well it will be like Britney and Simon merged, lost the Britcrazy kept the Simoncool and became this year's most exciting new Italian breakout act. Hurrah, etc.
Ryan Ferrada ~ Dirty In The Club: I'm all for getting dirty in a club. Bernice says i'm naturally slutty but obviously in a chaste way. And frankly, much like I am with Osvaldo, I'm totally ready for Ryan to be huge. This is a great song - blends elements of r'n'b into a totally stomping pop-dance work out that's ripe for US radio domination but cool enough to win over the more discerning international pop picker. Sadly his amazing cover of Kylie's Burning Up has been shelved (boo you record label whores) but you can find samples of it running through his brillo track Drives Me Crazy. Expect big things people. Big. HUGE!

Honourable mentions:



  • Alphabeat - 10000 Nights of Thunder (remixes) ~ oh so very exciting. My fave happens to be the Bradinski and Yuksek remix. It takes the refrain and plays it over an ominous beat which conjours the stormy title nicely!

  • Mans Zelmerlow - Miss America (remixes) ~ To be honest they have nothing on the sheer beauty of the album track, but I am rather partial to anything that has the balls to call itself the funky pee remix. Aces.
Important links:
Coming tomorrow: A euro albums/EP megapost! It's gonna be smashing :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY