Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chiselled cheekbones, good looks and ridiculously amazing popstar hair aren't quite enough to launch popstar careers anymore (sorry V). Nowadays you have to have a decent understanding of melody, beats, individuality and an awareness of what would work at radio. I first came across Kaden almost 18 months ago and was taken with his pop-electro tunes that were driven by Timbaland-esque beats. Much like Simon Curtis, he manages to imbue his songs with intelligent lyrics and meaningful subjects without forgoing a sense of melody or funky slick beat. After saying I didn't like the hip hop element of Mariah's album, I contradict myself again by warming to acts like V-Factory and Kaden. Alone is a great song with a tinge of Darren Hayes about the vocals and a social message that hints of the minimum wage crisis that haunts America. Live Fearless is about taking that chance in life, facing up to your problems and actually living your life. It's sparse beat and middle 8 spoken rap are strangely hypnotic with Kaden's voice sounding great when he says "love me - the one who loves you". I am eager to hear more work from this dedicated young fella - who was nice enough to answer some random questions about his music for me, and then i lost the answers in my inbox (hence the slightly dated response about Janet Jackson's new song Feedback!) Many thanks to Kaden for his time (and patience)....


1. You have this great sound and striking look - how would you describe your music to those who haven't heard it yet?
Well thank you! First off, I'd just like to say thank you for the questions and for featuring me on the site. When it comes to describing my music, I like to blend great beats with meaningful lyrics it's a mixture of Pop and R&B.
2. Talking of sound and image, in the world of pop, the two seem to go hand and hand. Would you agree with that, and how important is image to you?
I think that great music holds up, there are people who buy into image but most want substance as well. I try not to focus on the gimmicks, I just put my soul into my music and people seem to connect with it. For me being a positive role model is more important than literal image, I want to give people hope that if a poor kid who has lived a rough life can follow his dream than I can too.
3. Pop across the world seems to have had a tough time in the past few years, but seems ripe for a comeback. Which of your songs do you think is strongest to launch your career?
It's tough to tell, I would love to know what you think. Right now I am still writing music and recording as much as possible. There will come a time when lightning will just strike, a deal will come into play, or a well connected person will hear a song and help to break the song on radio.
4. Who would you love to collaborate with on remixes/new songs?
Here's a list of producers- T-pain, The Underdogs, Rodney Jerkins, Bloodshy & Avant, DJ Toomp, Scott Storch, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, will.i.am, Dr. Dre, Dre & Vidal, J.R. Rotem, Troy Taylor, Cory Rooney, Hex Hector just to name a few I highly respect.
5. Which songs in the charts at the moment do you like? Any new acts you can recommend?
Feedback- Janet Jackson, I recently previewed a few songs from the album and the production is great, it makes you want to get the party started. Wanna Be Startin' Something- Akon and Michael Jackson, for the twenty fifth anniversary of Thriller they got together and re-recorded this classic. Superstar- Lupe Fiasco feat. Matthew Santos, I really like Matthews chorus delivery/ very catchy.Flashing Lights- Kanye West, he always has amazing beats and puts a new spin on old beats and his lyrics are so meaningful, great artist.I am in a hip hop/ dance phase right now, but I like many different genres.
6. Live Fearless - can you explain your credo to everyone please?
It's all about not being afraid to take a risk on yourself. It does not mean put yourself at risk, I encourage people to use good judgment but don't be afraid to be judged.
7. Some of your songs, like UndeRage seem to have a political edge to them. Is that important for you to get a message out with your songs, or were you just venting?
That song was all about being frustrated because when I was underage I was able to do so much, like get married, buy a gun, but I couldn't dance when I wanted to at a club. I just thought it made little sense and made for an anthem for the underage, and made it so the over age could reminisce about what we would do to get into clubs. I do care deeply for politics but choose not to preach to people, instead I leave my messages in my music. Art is about inspiring thought and for me, making people more aware.
8. Do you think you will have to make any compromises to take your career to the next level? Is there anything you absolutely wouldn't do?
I wrote a song about this very subject recently. You wouldn't believe some of the things I have been told I needed to do to make it, like get a nose job and dumb down my lyrics. I have not done either and won't I am pretty comfortable in my own skin, finally. As for things I wouldn't do, I wouldn't do anything that made me feel like a sell out.
9. Not to generalize this audience, but your songs seem to have a vibe, beat, and message that relates really well to gay people. Has that occurred to you?
It seems to reach a lot people that feel alone, forgotten, and without a voice. I believe in true equality and if my music can help anyone going through a struggle, then that is great and that is why I make music.
10. Myspace has been an incredible tool for promoting music - agree or not?
Yes I do. It has been so great to get the feedback on your music directly from the fans. I have some very loyal supporters, they help to fuel the fire in me! Even though I get quite a bit of mail, I check it myself and respond to as many of the letters as I can.
11. What are your plans for your songs in 2008?
I am very excited to embark on this new year. I feel that it will be another year of growth and music. I am praying right now for the exposure needed to get my music into more hands, thank you for this interview that is helping me do just that.
Keep it Burning, Kaden!




Other pop potential gossip:
  • Girl groups are hot! First Candy Coated Chaos rock the clubs in America, then Red Blooded Women set off some electro-tinged fireworks here, and now Stonefoxx are flying the flag for pure pop goodness. New songs like Crystal Clear are full of summery fun, and Hot Summer is downright slinky, and as effortlessly delicious as bubbles rising in a cool lemonade. Check out the girls now because they will be all over the place soon...
  • Gavin Mikhail is hot! He's been winning competitions all over the place and doing acoustic sets for Billboard magazine website. I'll be revisiting his lovely debut album soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY