Friday, April 25, 2008

Frankly, it's not been a great year so far for either Darren or I. Then this weekend was a total kick in the knickers. And I was just starting to cheer up when I got some really shocking devastating news on Wednesday that sort of changed mine and Darren's lives all around again. No deaths or anything, or illness, but just such a thump in the knackers. Anyway, I had so many things I wanted to post about this week that I am just going to do a summary, do some things that currently make me happy and my weekly chart. Then Saturday I am going to do 7 solid days of positive upbeat posts. Put that in your pipe Mr "kick you in the teeth when you are down" Life and smoke it...

THE HAPPY THINGS:


Despite having missed my chance on Saturday to bond with Stiff, Same Difference still make me excessively happy. Those two are just powerhouses of energy - they are still selling out nightclubs and show venues all over the UK. And! While their single has been put on hold until the summer, that's ok because they are working on an album with Pete Waterman which will be released in October. WOOHOO! I'm sure it will be more Steps than the tragedy that was One True Voice...


Despite not even getting in the top 75 last week on downloads, I am confident that The Feeling will continue their top 30 success streak with the everso gorgeous Without You this Sunday. The b-sides (as always) are quite quite darling. They add to their growing arsenal of covers with a Joe Jackson song Different For Girls which is quite a tasty little morsel... Surely by now they must be Britain's best dressed band? You can't tell in the picture, but Dan and Richard have the same shoes on. Marv.

Details May 08 issue arrived today (despite once again the postcode being wrong. I am amazed it actually arrives!) and was marginally better than last months brillo Ryan Seacrest adorned edition. Probably for the following excellent pages...
  1. Page 58 - the most beautiful and essential man bag you might ever see by Prada
  2. Page 78 - a much less cryptic clue about mine and Dazpecs increasingly imminent plans
  3. Page 92 - "Virtual popularity isn't cool - it's pathetic. It's time to stop poking other guys and start re-evaluating" Now i'm not ready to give up MSN Messenger, googlemail or the blog but I am very over facebook and myspace, and have had time for some quite lovely pursuits since more time away from the computer. That's not meant to sound snotty, it's just me :)
  4. Page 104 - Perhaps the most "oh my days" reaction i've had to an image since the buffybot straddled Spike energetically in season six...

THINGS I WAS GOING TO BLOG ABOUT THIS WEEK BUT DIDN'T:

  • Adem with an e's 25th birthday! On St George's Day! Happy birthday little Adem!
  • The amazing amount of brilliant pop coming from mainland Europe. I'll have to focus on it more next week but had I written about it this week, it would've included (and will include) Valeriya, Isabel Guzman, BeFour, Euroband, Sanna Neilsen, Juvelen (thanks to Alien Hits), Infernal's new one and Ultra Violet...
  • The acts from Britain I wanted to write about this week were Hummer (surely an inappropriate name for a young girl band as I'm pretty sure it's slang for a blow job), my good friends Ian (formerly of Digital) Brearley and Robert O'Connor (though it's hard to stay objective when you genuinely like the blokes - good music though, I swear!) and a new band that will have you fizzing at the pop in excitement...
  • The joy of Troy and David being back and blogging. I was worried they were awol for a minute! Plus glossy and Edabouttown return to the comments page. Et tu, totoro!?

THE FIZZYPOPTASTIC TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK:



21 ~ Jonathan Fagerlund, Playing Me
20 ~ Blake Lewis, How Many Ways (N/E)
19 ~ Ola, Love in Stero (N/E)
18 ~ Duffy, Warwick Avenue
17 ~ David Jordan, Sun Goes Down
16 ~ Blake Lewis, Got To Get Her
15 ~ Leona Lewis, Better in Time
14 ~ Alphabeat, Fascination
13 ~ Alphabeat, 10,000 Nights of Thunder
12 ~ Kylie, In My Arms
11 ~ Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
10 ~ Shayne Ward, Stand By Your Side
09 ~ The Last Shadow Puppets, Age of Understatement
08 ~ David Jordan, Move On
07 ~ Mariah Carey, Touch My Body
06 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
05 ~ Sergey, Love in Stereo (pic)
04 ~ Madonna, Four Minutes
03 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love On Me
02 ~ Rongedal, Just A Minute
01 ~ The Feeling, Without You (4 weeks)


Come back saturday for something exciting (possibly) and if i can be bold enough, my amusing take on something (though i may change my mind - it's a tongue in cheek look at some websites and one blogger is notoriously sensitive!) I'll see :) Plus my definitive guide to Madonna and, er, Buffy! (separate posts you understand!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY