Sunday, January 21, 2007

Robert O'Connor ~ Ten Years Time
From the elegant splendor of the opening piano chords that lead into Robert's soothing and beautiful vocal that build into a chorus that makes gorgeous use of violin (?), this uplifting and somewhat forgotten Gabrielle number works extremely well and if there is any justice, this song will start to reach a wider audience as soon as possible. Plus, i mean look at the guy (above) ~ He's hardly been attacked with the ugly stick has he?!
DaveDigiTech: Was always a fan of the original Gabrielle version of this song, but this takes it to a different level. For some unknown reason, when I was listening to Robert sing this song, I just 'got' the lyrics much better than I ever did before! Definitely deserves to be a massive hit and I could imagine it being played in American TV shows such as The O.C or One Tree Hill. Brilliant song, beautiful lyrics and an amazing voice!! The perfect combination.
Nick: Didn't particularly like it. To me, his voice sounds a bit nasal and the song sounds far too much like it could be transcribed into a Hallmark card. Can't please everyone, I guess.
DanMan'sWorld: I really really like!! I'm a sucker for male singer/songwriters that can be all sensitive (and I'm not talking those fake ones - I can spot those a mile away!!) ;) which explains a huge part of my Casey Stratton love.
Darin ~ Insanity
I still maintain that this is the sort of quality track that Shayne Ward and slash or Gareth Gates should be producing - a little bit edgy, a little bit sinister and a lot catchy. Why this elfin features guy isn't huge in England is very much beyond my reckoning!
Googlegirl: though not every track on Break The News is worth listening to, the majority are, and they include some excellent songs; this is one of them. It's dark and slightly creepy, especially with those backing vocals that sound like something out of a haunted house, but electro or synthy at the same time, making for a really delicious combination. How Darin can release such amazing albums at a rate of one a year boggles my mind.
Dave: Definitely one of the best songs to date from Darin! It is a pop masterpiece, that sadly looks unlikely ever to receive a UK release (unless Shayne Ward records it for his second album rather than the boring ballads!!) It ticks all the boxes for what makes a great pop song, some chanting in the chorus, simple lyrics that get stuck in your head after just one listen and a catchy beat!! Should reach #1 across the world and stay there for months, but would probably settle for just a UK release, so I could actually go into my local HMV and buy Darin's album!!
Nick: This is the kind of jaunty teen pop that only a few countries are still doing well nowadays. This song by Darin makes me wish that Mr. Timberlake hadn't burrowed so far up his own butt and removed the lethal dose of pop that's so sorely missed in his current sound. Back to Darin, though, this is most definitely one of his better tracks.
Kaden ~ Live Fearless
I like Kaden a lot - he's not quite Simon Curtis level (or particularly close) but he does a sort of male electro pop Sugababes sound very well. And I'm a sucker for songs about taking chances so this funky little number had me from hello!
Nick: I'm a bit torn on this one. On the surface, it sounds like something I would hate. Blippy hip-hop beat… somewhat aimless melody. Yet, there's something about this that I like. Maybe it's the simplicity, maybe it's the repetition. Not sure. I wouldn't buy this, but I wouldn't mind hearing it on the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY