Monday, January 22, 2007

I do love it when new songs from my 11 to watch in 2007 pop up - recently there has been some great music from Simon, a new song yesterday from Digital and today I turn my attention to the gorgeous piano stylings of Gavin Mikhail. As a bonus track on the Japanese release of his album Like Normal People Do, Not Enough (acoustic) is a more than welcome addition. Basically, i'm a sucker for a song that showcases piano skills and there is some beautiful melody and chord work going on in this song as well as some powerful use of crescendo. Gavin has an amazing voice and this emotive song suits it well. The intimate arrangement works well and frames the heartache the song is dealing well. I'm eager to see how powerful a "fully produced" version would turn out. Plus the new mix of Catch Your Fall is pretty amazing too - it's very orchestral and brings a certain majesty to a song that has already captured my heart. Sigh. I love Gavin more and more with each listen!
.
LINK: Gavin Mikhail's myspace site (stream Not Enough)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY