Friday, January 19, 2007

Don't get alarmed everyone. I couldn't be happier or my lucky to have my stunningly foxy and lovely and amazing in bed DazPerformer. But sometimes you come across a new singer on myspace who stands out from every other bugger who is trawling their coffee house standard demos. First up, I came across the visually stunning and audibly creative Matthew G. On his main site page he describes himself as piano, voice, image, perfection. Mighty claims for one so young, but when you hear his stunning ballad Dear John - a masterpiece of subtlety yet brimming with powerful emotion - you can't help but be impressed. Seriously, when I heard this song last night I sat in silence until it had completely finished and then had to listen to it again instantly. The piano is flawless and beautifully melodic and Matthew delivers a soothing emotive vocal that made the hairs stand up on my arm. Another original composition is The Man Who changes the tempo slightly and indulges with an electro-ambient beat, horns and a haunting female (i think) backing vocal. I can see this ending up on the sort of album that sells by the bucketload because it's critically acclaimed, loved by the press and taken to the bosom of the nation because it's different enough not to be "pop" but accessible enough to be thoroughly enjoyable. Oh and a cover of Howard Jones' What Is Love is another corker... I may seem a little enthusiastic in my writing of this, but usually I am so "pop" orientated (which i am happy being) that when something as beautiful as this comes along and touches me, i'm geniunely stunned and eager for more...
.

And seeing as I am off to Hard Rock Cafe to see Stewart Mac on Weds, I thought I would check out one of the other acts there called Warren Bacci, who used to be in boyband 3rd Element but is now working solo. And working well he is too. Mixing a nice blend of rock influences, pop sensibilities and a dash of electro mixed in for good measure, his smooth vocal highlights the melody in the song and the instrumentation is merely his forum for sharing a bigger story. The title track of his debut album shows an amazing understanding of how to write and perform a classic ballad - it doesn't have to have gimmicks, it just needs to have a clear hook and a pretty melody. And The Calm Before The Storm has that - plus a beautiful female backing vocal enhancing the track in the middle eight. Need something more uptemo - try Infactuated, a song about losing all control in your levis is certainly ok by me. And a song that would be ideal for Gareth Gates or Shayne Ward or even a boyband like Eton Road... and i mean that as a compliment as i love those guys. Plus Warren is one of those annoyingly beautiful people who manages to look good in every photo and seems a rather lovely person as well. Which just makes the showcase on Wednesday that much more exciting when there is music as smashing as this on offer....
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY