Thursday, January 14, 2010

December 26th 2009:


Hurrah, it's Boxing Day. Which doesn't actually exist in the US "of" A, so I just have to pretend St Stephen is here in spirit. The sleep fairy is on a break however, so I am up at 3am (3 a e.ee am, 3 a eee am eternal) but dropped off again for a few hours at four. Phew. The day light is actually quite charming - bracingly chilly, but delightfully sunny with it and my English (as it always does abroad for some reason) becomes more pronounced so I use words like exquisite, ghastly, frightful and exasperating. It's all very jolly hockeysticks old bean, pip pip!

Had a nice look around Mandalay Bay (gold!), Luxor (beamy) and Excalibur (medieval!) Lush had a brilliant sale on (buy 1 get 2 free, ah if only snooty Abercrombie would do the same), although the overpowering perfumey aroma osmosed my every pore and made my eyes water. Urban outfitters has gone even more earth-mothery than usual. I did find some ace glasses and a hat which I personally thought made me look jaunty with an air of european chic. Darren said I looked like a nerd :( Then to make me feel even better, I got stopped by this woman at a stand selling salt body scrub. In front of what was probably the entire population of Las Vegas, she removed what seemed like an acre of dead skin, then pointed out the flaws in my face and informed that I could become more attractive for just $79.95, yes just $79.95!! I less than politely declined and scuttled off with my blotchy face and dead skin leaving her aghast that I had turned her down.

Went round the titanic exhibition at Luxor (beamy!) - was just tremendous. Had I been blogging in 1998, I would have written pages about the movie and it's accuracy (many years on, i take the piss out the dialogue in the first half and enjoy the second half's drama much more). I was obsessed. I loved the movie and devoured everything I could about the 1912 disaster. The exhibition was really clever - walked you through the excitement of the launch of the boat (you are given the boarding pass of an actual passenger) and showed parts of the ship (replicas anyway). The staircase and eerily accurate starry night-next-to-impending-iceberg promenade was brillo ("Smell ice can ya? Bleedin' Christ!") and there is even a giant iceberg you can touch. Was aces. Even though my passenger drowned :(


December 27th 2009

A bit of a laxidaisical day - not surprisingly considering we were wide awake at 3am (won't do the KLF "joke" again) watched episode 9 of season 5 of Lost and were at the gym by 4am! Stupid space time continuum! Anyway, we were soon up and at'em and playing penny video poker at Excalibur (cheap skates) while I downed my very first Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks. Oh. My. God. Why don't they do these in England? It was absolutely delicious. I nearly spaffed my wad. And (apparently annoyingly, though I still believe endearingly) I informed Darren of it's deliciousness with every single sip. Because it was delicious. Yum.

Did the CSI:The Experience at MGM Grand. It was only ok. You basically solve a crime by going through forensic evidence. One woman took it REALLY seriously - she was taking photos and everything. The staff (all "lady" cops in slutty police stripper outfits) were talking to us "detectives" and this woman was talking about particular episodes in incredible detail and blathering on about it being the best show of the decade (oh please ~ above The Mountain? I don't think so!) and how everyone she had EVER met loved the show. I casually/innocently remarked that I had never seen an episode (I haven't - much like Star Wars/Star Trek, neither of which I have seen, it doesn't appeal) and she looked at me like I had committed crime scenario number 2 on her personally! I ran away and hid behind the fake autopsy table such was the ferocious intensity of her glare :/

Later on, we went to see Avatar. It is clearly not a movie for kids. On the right we had girls who didn't understand the plot at all and had to ask what was happening every two minutes. On the left we had a young lad who came out with statements like "Daddy is this movie over yet" and "Daddy, that popcorn has made me need a poo poo" ~ how charmant. Still, I really enjoyed it despite the incredibly hokey dialogue (never Cameron's strong point ~ remember Titanic? Course you do - I just wrote about it! "I put the diamond in the coat" {gesticulates wildly} "I put the coat on the girl!!") and the plot being the sci-fi equivalent of the pilgrims taking the Indians land story. And the "female lead" was a bit annoying. Other than that it was rather ace, particularly visually. I didn't join in the gasps of horror from the audience, but I didn't judge them too harshly for it either :)



More tomorrow! You lucky buggers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY