Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh I am getting lazy with blogging aren't I? I blame a) Twitter - because it's a bit addictive isn't it? I've put up a nice new pic on mine if you want a butchers as well as a pic from Darren's birthday celebrations and dinner at Ruthies... b) Debbie Gibson ~ I'm so addicted to youtubes of her Japanese concert promoting the Anything Is Possible album from 1991. Another Brick Falls is one of my favourite tracks from that album - look at the gorgeously intricate piano work in the vid above (though ignore the dreadful Carmen Miranda outfit!!)... c) Work. It's all go at the moment which is both brilliant, exciting and time consuming and d)Novels. Tinkering away. Still despite all that, there is plenty of time to have a gander through upcoming and rumoured singles from some of my favourite acts...

Whitney Houston: Why does it already feel like Whitters is on single 4 from her latest album? Possibly because various tracks floated around for a while before Million Dollar Bill was settled upon as a lead-off, dress-popping single from I Look To You. Nothing But Love is probably a sensible second single because with a bit of reswizzling it could be as dancefloor and dance your tits off as Million Dollar Bill was. And that can only be a good thing. A Song For You next though please...

Nerina Pallot: Why must Nerina work so hard for success? It should be oozing out her ear'oles by now so marvelous is she. Darn. As my current obsession from The Graduate is When Did I Become Such A Bitch, I haven't spent nearly enough time with I Don't Want To Go Out. This is as much a crime as Nerina not being huge as it's an incredibly catchy track and a whip-smart choice for second single. Brilliant video too - features giant lipstick!! What more could one want?!

Sugababes 3.0: I'm still being obstinate and refusing to move on, so sticking with the 3.0 version of Wear My Kiss. Still not the most brilliant next single choice for the 'babes (that would be Wait For You, far superior in my opinion) and everytime they sing "wear my kiss all over my body", I just launch into the rather excellent stood-the-test-of-time Dress You Up by Madonna instead. Oh well...

Bananarama: I'm still all over Viva like a rash and Love Don't Live Here was my choice for second single on the fizzypop chronicles last year so it's nice that the record company has caught up. It's one of the most dramatic and grandiose pop tracks on the album and although I feel I've done my "tour of duty" with that song, I'm very excited it's getting a wider release and a video. Also very exciting is the news that the "flip" side will be a buzz junkies remix of The Runner. It's going to be Bananaramarific!

Robbie Williams: I'm reluctant to let go of how lovely I find You Know Me, but if the rumours are true that the fabbo Starstruck is the third single then I'll be more than satiated by the Robster's output (oo-er)... It's a rather engaging, lush and warm gentle disco epic track where Robbie shows off his best George Michael influences (and Kate Bush - he's vaguely reminiscent of Running Up That Hill when he sings about his deal with God). Plus following on from Bodies and You Know Me, it shows how diverse the album is and will hopefully add to it's already not bad sales tally...

Westlife: I almost didn't want to like Shadows because I thought it would just be another Ryan Tedder cast off. It is in a way, but the production and the vocals make it really stand out and the help of AJ from BSB must have added some boyband sparkle to it because (for me) it really works. Although it's not guaranteed to be the second single, it's a pretty decent choice and they've been hawking it on a few tv shows of late. Personally, I'm still loving Sound of A Broken Heart but the popjustice interview with Mark seemed to rule that out singlewise :/ Bugger...

Back tomorrow (or poss Thurs depending on how busy work is) with mini-album reviews of Matt Morris, Billie Myers and Maria Mena...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY