Saturday, January 9, 2010

You know what? November and December is so jam packed full of new music by some of my favourite artists, plus lots of stuff gets pushed aside for Christmas music, that I don't always have enough time to listen to some of the exciting new artists my friends recommend! So I always make a note of the ones that sound intruiging so I can catch up on them in January! And as it is now January, here is a list of some of the artists that i've been aware of for some time and find intruiging/good looking. I am enjoying checking out (plus links to people who write much more eloquently about them!) Oh, the video above? Nothing to do with pop in 2010, I just really like it for some reason. It's performed very...enthusiastically :)

OH! And if you were tuned in to the Larry Flick show on Thursday morning's Morning Jolt, you would have heard me! I sound very loud! But it was lots of fun :P Here are some links to the artists I talked about (that most of you already know, but just in case you didn't...) - i'm next on Feb 1st. Lordy, better sort out some more euro-pop music!

NEW ACTS FOR '10 ~ RETWEET EDITION!

  • From dontstopthepop... I'm intruiged by Miss Polly Rae who is putting on a burlesque show in London in February. It sounds absolutely magnificent. Burlesque meets pop via the amazing Steve Anderson & Terry Ronald sounds utterly butterly to me. I am SO there :) Bobby also drew my attention to the fine features of Jonas Myrin who not only looks yummers but sounds pretty decent too. Hurrah. (Still anxious for music from LeKid, Isabel Guzman and of course Elouise too)...
  • From fabtasticmusic... Ah that adorable Aaron. He (and auspop) steered me directly towards the rather delightful Hugh Sheridan who has gone that traditional Australian route of tv star to pop star with admirable results. I've "spun" his debut album a couple of times and it has me hankering to go back for more already. Plus! Another stunner! Bonus!
  • From Project76blog... DanUK and I don't often share the same taste in music, but occasionally the planets align and we go gaga over the same act. Dan injected some taste into my pop sensibilities when he steered me in the direction of Music Go Music who are a rather dreamy pop band who make very excellent music with a hint of Abba influence. Quite wonderful. Plus they are in the UK in february. Very excellent news.
  • From thismustbepop... Jessica always does a rather comprehensive list of the more off-piste artists to keep an eye on. One of my favourites from this year has to be Donkeyboy who have the same pop sensibilities as Alphabeat, an album full of rather amazing tunes and a seal of approval from Popjustice. I sense I will be rather obsessed with them and rather soon.
  • From worrapolava... Out of the ashes of Daggers rises good looking twosome Hurts. These two have been floating around the internet ether for a while now and are producing some solid good pop tunes, heavy on great vocals, addictive melodies and entirely alluring sax solos. Plus some great remixes are in the bag - this is one of those acts that several bloggers picked up on ages ago and just now all the "official big in 10" lists are all over. (See also XO and AlienHits)...
  • From xolondon... talking of xo, he's always got some elegant pop choices up his sleeve; ones that focus on depth of lyric, meaningful choruses and sweeping majesty in the instrumental. He's written lots about, and totally converted me to, Ellie Goulding - she's got pop sensibilities mixed with a certain aura of cool around her music, which like a still pool on a hot day is just heaven to dip into and gently immerse yourself. Big things coming from her, especially as the winner of that BBC Sound of 2010 thingy!
  • From billcs... I discovered Bill through a mutual love of acts like Simon Curtis, Dan Black, Mans Zelmerlow and Sammy Taylor. All those acts make Bill's 2010 list as does the guitarist from Avril Lavigne's early days - Evan Taubenfeld, who has been busy creating his own special brand of pop hook for you all to latch onto. He has a new album coming out pretty soon, but has preceded that with a few singles, including the catchy Cheater Of The Year (not a title I imagine many people would want to win!) I do love a bit of malicious revenge pop (check out Simon's Diablo if you haven't already) and this hits all the right buttons. Aces.
Come back Sunday for some tracks that I'm surprisingly loving (as the final part of my 2010 new music thingamabob), then Mon-Fri next week is the vegas diaries. Good lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY