Friday, May 9, 2008

What a fairly normal week it has been. Maybe 34 will signal a quiet and pedestrian life for me from now on. One can only hope so. Work has gone well too this week with a number of big contracts I put bids in for coming through successfully, which is always a relief. Time to start talking bonus methinks. But that's not very exciting for anyone else except me (and DazPecs) so I will carry on. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend - we are off for a nice BBQ (weather permitting) at RuthieLoos on Saturday which I can't wait for. Their new house is freaking GORGEOUS!! Anyway on with the highlights from the week...

  • I had a nice email from the VFactory boys this week - they saw my review from earlier this week, and sent me a free legal mp3 of their mighty fine single She's Bad to host for you all. Download it here and expect to hear much much more from them in the future!
  • And well, gosh darn it! I had a lovely email from Isabel Guzman too - it freaks me out that people read my site. I'm never big headed enough to email and say "oh I wrote about you!" - most of my interviews have come about through luck and even then I don't feel worthy enough to be in the presence/phone receiver of people!! Haha, anyway it's great to see Isabel taking off - and such influential sites as Popjustice and Arjanwrites. Where fizzypop humbly leads... :P
  • Talking of leading, hurrah for The Script going top 15! I wrote about them way back in January offering a free mp3 - something that is now being offered here! I'm usually way way out in my predictions for success, so I'll take a few hits over my many misses any day!
  • And talking of popjustice, they were absolutely right about the New Kids single, and finally caught up with what XO and DanUK have been telling me for weeks now - Daggers = Good.
  • It's quite "trendy" for bloggers to not like the new Madonna album. Fortunately all the people who count (see the links list) tend to like at least most of it. I'm more addicted to 4 Minutes with each listen... Plus i've never been "trendy" anyway (evidence = Debbie Gibson love over my classmates adoration of Inspiral Carpets)


  • TV is good again. And leading the way is SuhAlan's The Apprentice. Why oh why everyone has to address him as Sir Alan is beyond me. However, once again, the boardroom bits are the highlight of a show full of wankers. While Heat magazine may love Alex, it's all about Lee McQueen for me. Not only does he refer to himself by his name, but he gets very excited and says "fuck" to show that he is down with the kids. Check out from about 1m4s on the above clip and look at snooty Rafe's distaste for his naughty language...

WHAT THE BEST IN BLOG ARE UP TO THIS WEEK...


  • DanUK is on leave from work and enjoying the weather, brilliant Buffy comics and not so brilliant Angel comics. I shall catch up on them this very weekend...
  • D'Luv - as well as lots of brilliant stuff about Mariah and Rick Astley - reveals Coldplay to be scandalous plaigarisers! The shock of it all has me coming over with the vapours...

  • ModFab has a list of many ace moments on Broadway - many that I agree with. No Wicked? Boo that whore :P

  • ModFab was also one of several bloggers along with lovely Yuri who quite wisely realised that Jason Castro is indeed this season's Sanjaya on American Idol and deserved to be booted off.

  • Talking of Yuri, he pointed me in the direction of the Blake Lewis remixes of How Many Words. The radio remix is pretty darn fine.

  • Poppostergirl (Hero) and Troy (Bullet) were dancing round their apartments to Charlotte Perelli. And though, I probably won't post my album review of it now, it's a marvelously poptastic piece of work...

  • DanUSA, the lucky dog, got a bro-mosexual crush on him and a Dolly Parton concert all in one week. Magnif.

  • XO's mixtape posts continue to delight and fascinate me. Lots of cool linkage too, particularly the post about bloggers and merely copying press releases into their blogs. You can SO always tell :P

The top 21 fizzypoptastic songs of the week...

21 ~ Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
20 ~ Shayne Ward, Stand By Your Side
19 ~ Mariah Carey, Touch My Body
18 ~ Duffy, Warwick Avenue
17 ~ Blake Lewis, How Many Words
16 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
15 ~ Sergey, Flyer
14 ~ Captain, Keep An Open Mind
13 ~ Ola, Love in Stereo
12 ~ Alphabeat, 10000 Nights of Thunder
11 ~ Caracola, Smiling in Love
10 ~ Jack McManus, Bang on Your Piano
09 ~ The Last Shadow Puppets, Age of Understatement
08 ~ Rongedal, Just A Minute
07 ~ Kylie, In Your Arms
06 ~ Madonna, 4 Minutes
05 ~ Jesse McCartney, Bleeding Love
04 ~ Maroon 5, If I Never See Your Face (featuring Rihanna)
03 ~ David Jordan, Move On
02 ~ The Feeling, Without You
01 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love on Me (2 weeks)

Coming this weekend: an album smackdown threeway (with free legal album download!!!); the #1 artist who will be a household name by Christmas; the delayed start of the fizzypop chronicles

Coming next week: More JM initialled artist album reviews; Madonna week; some other guff....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY