Friday, May 30, 2008

I haven't been to Australia. I plan to go very soon, but it's quite pricey and frankly I like my leg room so until i can fly at least business class (you get a better class of blow job from the male cabin crew) or go on one of those flat bed things you see in futuristic movies (DazPecs informs me those futuristic movies are actually commercials) the trip is in my mind only. Though I fully expect room and board from Adem, Ben and Mike who have introduced me to many a great and sometimes trashy pop-oz act over the years. Here are some of my current favourites...

VanShe ~ Strangers:
Oh this is very good indeed. A plunking bass guitar leads into glockenspiel-esque sounds and then the hypnotic voice kicks in with the brilliant opening line "You can blind me with your fosse lips". Like every good pop song, it just keeps getting better until the chorus kicks in and then you are in heaven. The vocal just glides around the music and the punchy beat evokes memories of hazy nights in a smokey nightclub. It is all quite glorious - the electric guitar in the middle 8 and the fuzzy vocal effects are deliriously delicious and then it's back to that 80s meet 00s chorus that i have a feeling will be very hard to get bored of. Oh VanShe ~ I'm not done with you yet (see what I did there?!)
Link: Much more Van She here and here

Axel Whitehead ~ I Don't Do Surprises:
Considering Axel is not averse to a bit of exhibitionism, his single is surprisingly restrained. That's not a bad thing - it's not all about getting your willy out you know. You have to know how to deliver the goods and this song certainly does that. Axel has a great cruisy vocal that floats around a demure melody and a soaring chorus. It's actually a lovely summery laid back pop tune and it reminds me a tiny bit of Chris Martin if he would lighten up a bit. Having said all that, I'd love to see what Axel can do if he just lets rip. Willies at the ready then...
Link: More Axel here

The Presets ~ This Boys in Love:
Ooo this is a bit intense after the other two. It reminds me vaguely of sadly failed British act Protocol (remember them? no? Boo you whores) and perhaps I like it even more after Adem's hilarious interview with the boys on his site. Not averse to a bit of gay flirting and bro-mancing, the song is a relentless electro beat with a powerful vocal delivery and some lovely plinky plonky (yes that's a technical term!) piano sounds littered carefully throughout this groovy tune. Fancy things a bit swirled around? Then be sure to check out the remixes of the song - Kims remix is particularly funky. I haven't heard anything of the boys beyond this, but I will be popping off to investigate the first album right now. For infact I have decided that they are like a more productive Dangerous Muse :P
Link: The Presets can be found here

More ozpop that I quite like right now...
  • Vanessa Amorosi ~ Perfect
  • Cut Copy ~ Hearts on Fire
  • Delta Goodrem ~ You Will Only Break My Heart
  • Muscles ~ Sweaty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY