Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh bollocks. Turns out that i'm 34 tomorrow. How horrific. I was quite enjoying being all the threes despite the shiteous year that it has been so far. Still, while the grey hairs and crows feet creep up on my over night I am assuming that, since the new start that is new year totally shafted me with a twelve inch dildo, this will be a nice fresh start of marvelousness in mine and darren's lives :) Already the week has been quite nice - DazPecs took me to see Pam Ann again, and we went shopping today. Plus I finished at 2pm and not back at work til Tuesday. Life isn't all bad I guess :) Plus one can never have enough cake, can one?

THE EXCITING STUFF FROM THIS WEEK:



  • Monsieur James of Leon, as a rather special birthday treat, sent me his incredibly catchy addictive new song to share with you all. Entitled "Club With No Name", it's almost impossible to describe how bloody amazing this track is. It's like a modern take on a John Mellencamp with the lyrical story telling that takes place in the verses, backed up with a subtle but persuasive dance groove running through the chorus. Enhancing the experience are the rather delicious little electro beeps running through it all. I've fallen rather deeply in love with this song... hopefully you will too...
  • Rememer little Scott Ashley? He has been very busy in London hobnobbing with people like Alphabeat and, er, more people like that :P And despite experiencing 10000 nights of thunder close up and personal, he's had time to record and polish up his debut single "Blinkin, Not Thinking". It's like a more accessible Oasis track, before they went all weird and actually goes for the raw live sound rather than over egging the pudding with too much production. He also sounds quite aggressively sexy on the nah nah nah bits in the verses. I can't wait to see him perform this live...
  • And from the ashes of Digital comes Ian Brearley (and also Dean - more on him another day though) with a demo taste from his forthcoming album to be released this summer. Goodbye To Yesterday is one of those ballads that really isn't a ballad, but more of mid tempo shuffling groove that really gives Ian the chance to shine - something he wasn't able to do in Digital. It's quite BWO which is more than ok with me. Bring on the remixes I say!

  • There isn't really much McFly news to report on which is a bit of a shame really, but I do like this new picture they posted this week on their myspace.
  • Talking of boybands, D'Luv has all the important information on NKOTB - basically which ones are still bangable and which ones aren't. The cover looks like a 2 year old knocked it up in kindergarten photoshop class. Shameful...
  • Oh fuck - how dare bobbypops diss Leona Lewis! (I'm saying that with my voice dripping with sarcasm). Check out the hilarious comment about how unamerican it is of him not to support British artists, and PPG's hysterical response. You go girl (no I really can't pull that off...)

  • I know the phrase Jump The Shark was taken from Happy Days but seriously, this has to be the most fucked up reimagining of a tv show ever, and I lapped up every soapy showery second of it. Dallas Season 9 out on dvd soon! Woohoo!
  • Ooooo, I love it when Olga (of "&Yuri") trash talks with her hubby. And of course Yuri has his own take on what is going on with the Duffy-Estelle smackdown. I'm with team duffy. Never underestimate the power of Welsh girls.
  • Hard Candy continues to get evaluated ad nauseum across the web. Luckily XO has some fairly wise words about it and a most delightful read it is too. I missed out on a brilliant email round robin (that at least i got to read in the morning) because I was asleep. Then the buggers did the same the next night. I tried to start a fascinating one myself, but no one has responded to my scintillating "seedless watermelons - how do they do it?" missive :(

THE FIZZYPOPTASTIC TOP 21 SONGS OF THE WEEK

21 ~ Jason Mraz, I'm Yours (08)
20 ~ Shayne Ward, Stand By Your Side
19 ~ Captain, Keep An Open Mind (NE)
18 ~ Duffy, Warwick Avenue
17 ~ Blake Lewis, How Many Words
16 ~ Ola, Love In Stereo
15 ~ Caracola, Smiling in Love (NE)
14 ~ Mariah Carey, Touch My Body
13 ~ Jack McManus, Bang On My Piano (NE)
12 ~ Alphabeat, 10000 Nights of Thunder
11 ~ Kylie, In Your Arms
10 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
09 ~ Jesse McCartney, Bleeding Love (NE)
08 ~ The Last Shadow Puppets, Age of Understatement
07 ~ Maroon 5, If I Never See Your Face Again (ft. Rihanna) (NE)
06 ~ Madonna, 4 Minutes (ft. Justin Timberlake)
05 ~ Sergey, Flyer
04 ~ David Jordan, Move On
03 ~ Rongedal, Just A Minute
02 ~ The Feeling, Without You
01 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love On Me (1 Week)

Previous 2008 number ones: The Feeling, I Thought It Was Over (4 weeks); David Jordan, Sun Goes Down (4 weeks); Jesse McCartney, Leaving (3 weeks); Madonna, 4 Minutes (2 weeks); The Feeling, Without You (4 weeks)

Coming next week: I'm literally spunking a whole host of pre-written and new blogs in your face. The new girlbands of Britain! The 3 acts that will be household names by Christmas! A look at the singles choices of Maroon 5! Album smackdowns! Brit-pop special! Euro-pop special part 2! Something called The FizzyPop Chronicles debuts! And birthday pictures. You know you want it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY