Friday, March 28, 2008

It's been a ridiculously busy week and I was going to write about lots of things but never really got around to it, so I am going to chuck them all together in a nice little casserole for you all here. Eat up, it's tasty goodness...


London and I fell out this week. I've always viewed London as the slightly hoity toity brother I don't really get on with and quite honestly only go there for the musicals and a little S&M (Simon and Mark you pervs). Weds there were too many people, walking too slowly, the tubes were too hot, i had a headache etc, etc. However, I have made peace with The Feeling picking Without You as the second single over the title track of their album. It's a lovely chilled little number where they are missing "london town" (oh dear) and Dan and Richard look perfectly adorable in the video. I still want Join With Us as a single though - there is this incredible moment at around 4 minutes where it launches into this guitar riff that reminds me Phantom of the Opera before going all Uninvited piano solo. Gives me chills every time (check out XO's and TBFKADT's views)...

I'm almost too gay to function right now... After watching Connie and Carla (AGAIN!) with the increasingly svelte and buff Dazpanteloons last night, and deciding once again that I would totally turn it into an international hit stage musical, I finally got to listen to the stage version of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert soundtrack on the way to work. And it's a fucking marvel. All 70s and 80s classics disco'd up and done broadway style. It's too amazing to write about fully here but expect to hear more on it from me soon...

There are three acts that will restore the balance to my pop group world very shortly. One I have already written about will be massive international girl group pop, one I mentioned before very briefly under their original name SoundFactory (but now have a new name) will bring back poptastic boyband music, and there is a very ace new Steps-lite group floating around too. Expect full revelations next week....

Jonathan Rhys Meyers and ace writing are two reasons i'm excited about The Tudors returning on Monday, but then again there is also Henry Cavill. Rar indeed....

Oh for fucks sake - Amy Shermin Palladino abandoned the final season of the Gilmore Girls to create a sitcom (Return of Jezabel James) for fox. That was only ok (though had potential). And has been axed after three episodes. That was worth pissing me off for then, wasn't it love...

Benidorm returns tonight! Hurrah for chav observational comedy...
HUGE SIMON CURTIS NEWS!!


I can't say too much right now, but my unwavering faith in Simon has paid off. Think Nickelodeon, think starring in a movie, think a soundtrack with Simon on it, think springboad for a pop career. Could i be more bloody excited?? I can't believe i'm sitting on this news, but I'll have Simon on board very soon to tell you all about it. HURRAH!

Top 21 Fizzypop Tracks for this week:

21 ~ Kylie, Wow
20 ~ James Blunt, Same Mistake
19 ~ Ferras, Hollywood's Not America
18 ~ Duffy, Mercy
17 ~ The Feeling, I Thought It Was Over
16 ~ BWO, Lay Your Love on Me (NE)
15 ~ Maroon 5, Goodnight Goodnight
14 ~ Idina Menzel, Brave
13 ~ Girls Aloud, Can't Speak French
12 ~ Sugababes, Denial
11 ~ Jonathan Fagerlund, Playing Me
10 ~ Blake Lewis, Got To Get Her
09 ~ The Feeling, Without You
08 ~ Sergey Lazarev, Flyer (NE)
07 ~ David Jordan, Sun Goes Down
06 ~ Alphabeat, Fascination
05 ~ Shayne Ward, Stand By Your Side
04 ~ Jason Mraz, I'm Yours 08
03 ~ Leona Lewis, Better in Time
02 ~ Jesse McCartney, Leaving
01 ~ Madonna, Four Minutes (2 weeks)

COMING THIS WEEKEND ~ Forget breakfast at Tiffanys, it's dinner with Sergey! Plus hot new act Kaden....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY