Sunday, March 16, 2008

One of the things that kept the "other (time consuming, html-ly difficult and somewhat expensive) blog" going was my obsessions with things. Be it books (harry potter, the faerie wars, Wicked, Georgia Nicholson diaries), movies (Love, Actually, Stardust, Hairspray, Enchanted), clothes (Gap, ASOS, Jack Jones), friends (too many to mention), decent blogs (again far too many to mention) or music (Deborah Gibson, Simon Curtis, Maroon 5, The Feeling et al) it's the stuff that drives my world each day. Putting down thoughts on those things here serves as almost a diary of my obsessions (some last forever, some are fleeting) for you poor folk to read/ignore... So I thought today I would catch up on a few of my ongoing obsessions....

~Most people know by now that the lovely to look at and listen to Jason Mraz is back. 2 years ago his lovely demo song (on the cd single for Wordplay) "I'm Yours" soundtracked the preparations and big day for Darren and my civil partnership. The lyrics are perfect for a romantic occassion but i have to say I was a bit dubious about him rerecording it for a comeback single. Still, the studio version totally works (it's in my top 5 played tracks of the week 2 years after it first was!) and the video (above) is this lovely laid back collection of live life to the full feel good mini pieces of art. Just lovely. Also quite smashing is his contribution to Randy Jackson's compilation with Jon McLaughlin called Something To Believe In...
~ Adem will be pleased to know that the new singles by SugaAloud have reignited my passion for their respective albums. I quite adore the Sugababes "Denial" video (love the Mutya's fleeting cameo at 1m36s :P) and the french language version of Can't Speak French by the Girls has me all in a bilingual tizzy of delight. One minor gripe though - the video for that track reuses choreography from Biology and looks like a sluttier version of this...

~ While David Archeluta fulfils my adorable future popstar quota on the current series of American Idol, those gorgeous little munchkins Same Difference FINALLY release their debut single on April 21st. As I've said before I really couldn't care what they release at this point so enamoured am I. I'm just hoping a fabbo pop album follows. The above clip just totally encapsulates how edible these crazy kids are :P
~ I still totally get BWO, even though they get slated for putting out similar sounding releases time after time. However, when the music is as enjoyable as this abba-pastiche-meets-Madonna's-Sorry/HungUp, then frankly I don't really care. Lay Your Love On Me is a great pop tune, though I'm not quite ready to give up on the Fabricator album yet. I think that Last Flight To San Francisco would make a GREAT single and video...

~ While I was have a gay old time in The Vegas, Ruthiepoos (who is really ill at the moment with bronchitis. Poor ruthie) and her soon to be civil partner Lou went to see The Feeling perform in Birmingham. They said the concert was utterly fabbo and that the cover of Electric Dreams (above) was just knock your socks off spit in your face fantastic. I am warming to the idea of Without You as 2nd single from the fine Join With Us album. Plus Dan GS looks great and talks a good game in his attitude cover shoot article this month...
~ Not so sure about Maroon 5 releasing Goodnight Goodnight as the 4th (and probably final) single from their IWBSBL album... Personally, I would have either gone for the tender Better That We Break or rollicking ballbuster If I Never See Your Face Again. Oh well, as long as Adam looks good in the video, what does it really matter?

~ Rob Thomas is a whore! So sayeth Piz and me a little bit. I wasn't totally won over by the season four promo available on the season 3 dvd boxset of Veronica Mars (I have my own thoughts on how season four should've gone and have a whole post prepared if anyone is interested?) and i'm even less enamoured to read that Mr Thomas is involved in a spinoff of Beverley Hills 90210. Really? Picture me with look of puzzlement on my face and VERY raised eyebrows. Much more satisfying is the news that his critically beloved (by me) low rated Cupid show from the 90s is getting a second shot at fame. Hurrah, etc.
~ The ever excellent and trashy Gossip Girl debuts in England on ITV2 on March 27th. I love how the male stars are totally at ease with their growing gay fanbase (who have dubbed them the Gossip Gays). None of this Blake Lewis "worst rumour? That I'm gay" nonsense for them. Indeed look how lovely they are on the cover of Out magazine. Yummers.

See? A whole post about obsession and I didn't even mention Simon Curtis and his magnificent collection of Alter Boy music. Maybe next time..... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY