Sunday, March 9, 2008

A week is a long time in the ever changing world of popular culture. While I sojourned in Vegas (more about that on Tuesday - suffice to say it was a lot of fun if not EXTREMELY exhausting), lots of things were "going down" online that i have spent an hour or so catching up on. Here is a quick run through of some of the things I missed:





~ Madonna got played on French radio. Her new single Four Minutes To Save The World gives me hope for her forthcoming album (ie, i quite like the song even in it's crappy radio rip format) and makes me want to listen to Mark Owen's song Four Minutes.
~ Annie premiered her new single "I Know Your Girlfriend Hates Me". Popjustice predictably went nuts over it, even though to me it sounds exactly like Chewing Gum. Which isn't a bad thing per se. Just not amazing. Annie has the stench of "never gonna happen in England" all over her, which makes me a little sad.
~ Also doused in the stench of "never gonna happen" is Loveshy, the artists formerly known as Clea. I mean, if they can't even beat Andy Abrahams goddawful single to the Eurovision, then really they should go home and give up.
~ But there is hope for these stenchers! Alphabeat are firmly ensconsed in the top ten with Fascination - a song I was very scared wasn't going to happen. And it did. So what do i know?
~ The ever lovely Blake Lewis appeared on American Idol and like Whitney said - didn't we almost have it all? The hair was ace. The clothes were snappy. The bloke was fine. Sadly the performance seemed lacklustre to me. Oh well. At least adorable David A from Utah is in the final with stripperman.
~ Talking of adorable - where the fuck is the Same Difference single? I am getting enraged. The longer they leave it, the more chance it has of charting at number 23. Boo those record label whores. They should just rerecord the All*Stars album and release that.
~ XO doesn't like the The Feeling album? I'm saddened, though i share his views on the Duffy set.
~ Lost got crazier and more brilliant than ever (well perhaps not ever) and i got re-addicted to Everwood. How perfect was that show? Also I finished off season 4 of Oz on the plane. I so have to watch/purchase/download season 5 immediately.
~ Gareth Gates continues to be fun as fun can be on Dancing On Ice, while Chris Fountain continues to be utterly amazing. Technically, Chris should win, though I'm kinda rooting for Gareth so he can go back to making music like Sunshine rather than Changes. (Edit - oh fuck. Gareth got kicked off one week before the final. Guess i'll be rooting for Chris)
~ Finally, more and more people seem to be falling for Jesse McCartney's ace new song and ace new hair. If you haven't heard it yet you haven't been reading this blog, PPG or popjustice. Video at the top of the page.

(ps check out the charts for my latest list of fave tunes)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY