Friday, October 5, 2007

THE SEASON PREMIERES (PART THREE):

Big Shots ~ Classed as Sex and The City with men, I really didn’t want to like this, but did. Not only does it have two utterly charming and good looking guys in it (Dylan McDermot and thingy from Alias), but they manage in the short space of one episode to establish their characters, reveal their flaws and have witty banter about sex and the like. I mean, really, it’s got to be hit if only for the line “you got a knobber off a tranny!!” with absolutely no judgement whatsoever. I can’t wait to see how it all pans out ~ though it really is more Entourage than Sex And The City…

Dirty Sexy Money ~ Now I love night time soaps. Dynasty, Dallas, Melrose Place, Falcon Crest, etc., but they really haven’t had a good rap when a string of inferior knock offs (Central Park West we barely knew ye; Savannah I mourn ye) in the late 90s damaged their reputations. However, Desperate Housewives, Greys, Betty et al have shown that there is a ferocious appetite for them again, and so there is no DSM. And it’s only ok. Now, I hear the second episode is a lot better, so I am definitely sticking with it, and there was a lot to like about the first including Peter Krause, another tranny and the great line when one of the Darling family gets papped “is it true you are back with Kylie Minogue?!” I guess I’ll tune in for now…

Brothers and Sisters ~ Ah it is so nice to have Sally Fields and her clan back. Greg Berlanti should totally be credited for turning this show around and making it as worthy as his previous shows Everwood and Jack & Bobby. The family are coping with the changes in their lives, with Ally McBeal being annoyed that she is fielding questions about her wedding dress, Brenda from Six Feet Under despairing the break up of her marriage, the gay one knobbing off a vicar and Sally “you like me, you really like me” Fields putting in a sterling performance as the mother fretting for news over her son in Iraq. Of course it wouldn’t be BroSis if it didn’t end up in an all out war in a restaurant, before being reigned back in with some sad news that I have a feeling will turn out ok… good to have them back J

QuickTVBitz:

  • The Office has turned into one of the most endearing lovely comedies to come out of the US in a long time…
  • I haven’t watched Supernatural yet, but I’m dying to see how hunky the boys are this year…
  • Robin Hood is back tomorrow…
  • The Simpsons premiere changed the credits for the first time ever (?) to tie up the loose ends from the movie…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY