Friday, October 12, 2007

I’ve been super desperate to hear the new Kylie single and to a lesser extent the new Girls Aloud single, and thanks to the magic of a very good friend, my inbox was stuffed with them when I woke up this morning! Hurrah! So let’s see what they are like! In the words of Vanessa Williams, I’ll save the best for last though that is no disrespect to the entirely likeable Girls Aloud song. Entitled Call The Shots, it instantly seems less “gimmicky” than Sexy No No No (which actually I did adore). In fact, from second album on, I seem to prefer the second single over the first. I worshipped Love Machine over The Show and found Biology to be much more exciting than Long Hot Summer. This track is a more traditional tune for the Girls – ie, it has a verse chorus verse chorus structure, and is entirely enchanting because of it. The in your face electro is toned down in favour of a slinky dance groove that’s more early morning chill out than start of evening pulser. Oh! And the girls voices sound lovely here, blending into each other quite well. All in all, a fine single that shows they do restrained just as well as in your face.

Now I really loved the Kish Mauve original version of 2 Hearts. Which is lucky really as the Kylie version isn’t altogether different at all. I mean, obviously it’s the lovely Kylie’s vocals adding a sensuous electro vibe to the track, but everything else is utterly Kish. This may be a problem for some people, but I’m thrilled to have Kylie back on this understated tune that is funky enough to please the Fever crowd, but also harks back to her inner guitar hero days of Impossible Princess and the two styles work well together. So La Minogue is back – the question is, despite the gloriousness of her triumphant return, is this the strongest take your breath away single she could come up with? I think possibly not…. Although to be fair, seeing the glam rock very 1997 Kylie video on GMTV this morning did give me a certain thrill level!

LINK: XO was one of the first to weigh in…

LINK: You can probably find both songs here…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY