Thursday, October 18, 2007

THE DAZPANTS REVIEW OF HALF A SIXPENCE:

(Dictated to and transcribed by hunky Paul. Yes Darren, I will point out that I put that hunky in myself. Boo you gabor-whore [thanks Yuri!!]) Hello XOLondoners (I am now obsessed with my invention of that phrase so prefer it to zappinos). Last week I “dragged” your lovely blogger Paul to see Half a Sixpence at the theatre around the corner. And by dragged I mean, he ran skipping down the street to ensure they didn’t sell out of programmes. They never do, do they?! Anyway, I had procured first row centre seats, which as it turns out isn’t as impressive as it sounds because much like a recent Darren Hayes concert I read about, it was only half full. I’ve got lots I want to say, so Paul has instructed me to use bullet point and seeing as he is typing this up, I don’t have much choice…

  • We sat next to a rather lovely old couple, who kept mentioning they had been to see “joseph” here and that they played the soundtrack to that at least 3 times a day. No wonder the husband looked like he would vote for voluntary euthanasia.
  • In the break, said couple had bought their own snacks, and then confided in us that they wished they had bought the packet of Wotsits they had in the kitchen cupboard. Nan, you’re a window shopper, etc.
  • Paul would probably go on about how half a sixpence is about the class divide, etc., and how money changes people and you should be who you are with for love, not because they can make you better. I say bollocks to that, and concentrate on the burrrrrilliant dance numbers like Money to Burn and one of my faves Flash Bang Wallop which went down a right treat.
  • The family behind us were well annoying. They were talking to the lovely old couple and had to outdo them on everything. If the old couple paid 12p for that packet of wotsits, the family behind paid 10p and weren’t afraid to let you know. Which just goes to show, you can’t buy class.
  • Paul was rather excited that some bloke who sang Maroon 5 in a nice outfit (in his opinion) on Any Dream Will Do was in it (Chris Crosby).
  • The cast worked really hard and were all really good – there was only an ensemble of 14 and all did really well.
  • It was a nice evening ~ take that, pretentious musicals (Rent remixed, etc)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY