Friday, July 27, 2007

I feel somewhat proud that one of my original 7 to watch in 07 now has an album on the shelves of your local record emporium. And even more proud that it is such a great rock-pop album. In fact, in parts it could almost be a solo McFly album, and that’s high praise indeed. Lead single Take My Breath Away is a swoony ballad that is ripe for AC radio, but it’s tracks like the peppy, uptempo Voices and Fingertips where Justin really soars. The production values are top notch, with the right amount of balance between lush instrumentation and Justin’s confident vocal style. There are even elements of cabaret in the music – for example Closer to You starts out as a sweet serenade before morphing into some medieval type lute and a rocking instrumental that is at odds with the start of the song, yet works perfectly! Hold On is perfect summer radio fare, with perky Feeling/Beach Boys style harmonies and guitar strummings. The final and title track is lovely piano ballad that tackles the subject of bullying and the psychological effect it can have on an individual. I’ve listened to the album complete a few times now and it is full of passion and heart, and reveals a little more of itself with each listen. I always expected Justin’s album to be good, I’m just so glad that it’s actually great.

Singles ~ Take My Breath Away, Voices, Hold On, Closer To You

Justin chats about what life will be like in two years time…

="" height="350" width="425">

In 2 years time I would like to be touring on my second record, have Justins World on MTV and continue to have the most fun ever doing what I love!

I believe my record appeals to a wide audience. Yet, my core audience are females from 10 - 18.

I really made sure that every song was incredible. I really want to be a stand out artist that has an entire record of singles. which I feel I was successful at doing. my favorite song on the record is "Waitin' on You" I co - produced it and it just resonates deeply within my soul. another track that I am particularly fond of is "Find a Way" and it brings me back to that place where I was in... and every time I listen to it, it humbles me.

The singles you picked are right on!!!
"Take My Breath Away" is the first single off the record.. the next in line is "Voices" and after that "Hold On" or "Closer To You"

The videos I make are very important to me and I spend lots of time on them. I'm into shadowy lighting, artistic sets and interesting story lines. The videos are meant to move people.

my ideal tour is High School!! I've played a couple high schools/ middle schools and the kids go NUCLEAR!! its way too much fun and I want to do a high school tour across the nation. and while performing, have a section where I'm able to speak on pertinent world issues and health... my ultimate goal is to help to heal the world and to do my part in making the world a better place. we gotta start with the kids, they are the future.

Every show opens with "Voices" and every show closes with "Light on My Face" (shhhh!! its a secret! lol)

The 2008 Grammy's ROCKED!!! LOL!!! I rocked out with McFly (one of my FAV groups) and I TOTALLY stole the show!! we sang IMAGINE... by JL... john lennon of course.
I won for Best Record!!!

the most outrageous headline i've read about myself was, "JL caught in the act of eating a thick, juicy steak!! PETA fires JL then apologizes when the investigation proved that the meat was a soy based product"

Thanks Justin for taking time to zap to the future and back for us! Be sure to order Justin’s album here and check out his myspace here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY